• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RMP fitness

I've put this down as my first choice. Anyone know the run time and other fitness info?

Before anyone bites my arse, let me just say I did search but I've gotten mixed results. Some say 10:30, the army website says 14:00 but the career breif the Careers office gave me says this:

PSS(R) STANDARDS:

SL: 25 CA: 60 LM: 15 RUN:L3

I take it these will be the most accurate so can someone tell me what these mean?

cheers for the answers guys

Just wondering wht this means:

PSS(R) STANDARDS:

SL: 25 CA: 60 LM: 15 RUN:L3

I assume SL means static lift, so the standard is 25KG static lift? Any idea what the others mean?

Thanks again

You need to do less than 14 minutes just to pass. Try and get down to less than 10 minutes. Obviously the faster the time the better the mark the higher up the recruitment list! I got an A grade at ADSC and my time was 10:10. My second choice was RMP.

You will need good upper body strength combined with excellent gymnastic and running ability. Otherwise, how else are you going to pull yourself up and out of a car window, slide across the bonnet and do a forward roll and take down a crim without it?

B

Biscuits_AB

You will need good upper body strength combined with excellent gymnastic and running ability. Otherwise, how else are you going to pull yourself up and out of a car window, slide across the bonnet and do a forward roll and take down a crim without it?
No need for all of that when you can simply run him down with your car. Why break sweat?

Don't know about ADSC but the basic time for 1 1/2 miles in the army under 30 years of age is 10.30. It's easy enough-don't worry about it!
For RMP selection though, aren't the selectees still obliged to run while blowing a whistle while the hand is engaged in carrying a truncheon, left or right hand opotional?

Latest Threads