RMP female Captain Passed AAC?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by SmithsRail, Dec 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I remember year agos that that female Captain passed the AAC after a few attempts, but I wasen't aware there were more than 1 female that had done it.

Link piccy: http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Templates/LargeImageTemplate.aspx?img=/NR/rdonlyres/AF1968BA-FD2D-49D5-82A2-F99D13D94033/0/xmasboxafghan.jpg&alt=Troops%20with%20Christmas%20boxes

Link to main page: http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/PeopleInDefence/BritishTroopsOpenTheirChristmasThanks.htm

She is wearing a commando flash though, right?
  2. That dagger just mean your part of the commando brigade (I think), not that you have done the RM or AACC.
  3. I'm pretty sure it IS only people that have done the AAC..

It doesn't signify that your part of 3 Cmdo Brigade, otherwise you'd see all the 1 Rifles Riflewomen with it ;)
  4. That's the 3 Cdo Bd TRF, worn by all those in and attached. It's nothing to do with the CC; that's the commando shoulder title and the green lid.
  5. Yer I know, but 1 Rifles aren't issued that flash unless they've done the CC.. A few people from my platoon at Catterick went to 1 Rifles, and the only time they wear the dagger is when they've done the All Arms Commando Course....

6. Anyone else spot the bootie holding the rubber t1t?

7. The only time they'd wear the flash is when they're attached to 3 Cdo Bd.

Isn't this badge the one given to those who pass the AACC (the lower one, not the shoulder title)? [​IMG]
  8. First why would someone in the Army Air Corps (AAC) wear a dagger unless they had passed the All Arms Commando Course (AACC)

Secondly all persons serving with 3 CdoX wear the Dagger TRF much like all 16X wear the Grange Hill badge

No confusion the AACC Badge is a red dagger on a black background and is (if I remember rightly) worn on the left arm.

RM Commandos don’t wear a dagger they wear the RM Commando shoulder flashes
  9. There were plenty of people on herrick 5 with that flash but they didn't have either the Royal Marine Commando name or the red dagger.

Confusion perhaps, but that bird did not do her course.
  10. just looks like the brigade flash. used to wear them at my old unit as was part of 3 commando brigade
  11. Just to change the respectable tone of this thread, i WOULD DEFINITELY sh#G Captn Kate Smith and the other officer totty in the pic Major Gill Neil (with/without Kommandoo dagger) would definitely be a white christmas for them (fnarr fnarr)

Edited once to include more smut
  12. Seems they wear both

13. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

I am sure this has been done to death . .and quite frankly the levels of ignorance I see on here astound the crap out of me sometimes.

The "dagger" you can see on her arm is the 3 Cdo Bde flash, which is worn by all attached to the Brigade (RM, Rifles, RA, RE the whole fecking lot).

The Commando Dagger Trade badge is like this:

Any more daft questions tonight ? We wil be back on Wings and Lghtbulbs next. :roll:
  14. Anyone, regardless of gender serving within 3 Cdo Bde wears the bde flash on their right arm ( green square with black subdued dagger) - this is not a qualification. RM personnel wear 'Royal Marines Commando' shoulder flashes on each arm as well as bde flash. Army personnel who have completed the AACC wear the commando qualification on their left arm (triangular-esque badge, traditionally black with red dagger-olive and sand variants also as per dress regs). Additionally, army personnel who have passed the the AACC wear 'Army Commando' shoulder flashes. Unless mistaken this is currently still pending the nod from the army dress regs board after being adopted approx. two years ago initially by 29 Cdo Regt RA.
    Hope this helps to clear things up for you mate.
  15. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Eh what are they?