RMP FAQ

I am an ex-RUC constable of 20 years, I have worked with the RMP in Clooney Camp, Londonderry back in the 80's, great bunch of lads. My step son is starting training in Pirbright at the end of March, can anyone advise what his daily roles will be after his DSPG training?
What investigative duties will he take part in?

Thanks in anticipation.
Gaulty

I am an ex-RUC constable of 20 years, I have worked with the RMP in Clooney Camp, Londonderry back in the 80's, great bunch of lads. My step son is starting training in Pirbright at the end of March, can anyone advise what his daily roles will be after his DSPG training?
What investigative duties will he take part in?

Thanks in anticipation.
Gaulty
Thanks for your question, although I’ve not been General Policing Duties for a few years now I’ll give you what I remember, and speaking to GPD colleagues what they’re up to.
GPD divide their roles between Ops/Exercise and Policing, various companies do it in different ratios but generally this is what he can expect to be doing.
Ops/Ex will see him deploying and training with the formation his company supports, 156 supports 16 Brigade, 174 Supports the Theatre Enabling Group (logistics and theatre entry) for a couple of examples. Both require significant knowledge of Military Policing in different aspects, and arguably both are as challenging as each other.

Policing, GPD are essentially response policing, dealing with everything you’d expect to be dealing with in that role, and chatting to civpol friends and family (and having been civpol myself), I’ve ended up dealing with the majority of offences that you’d see in civvie street. Thankfully the volume is much less due to the population size.

More than happy to chat over PM if needed