Rmp & duty free

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by armoured_farmer, Jan 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry If this is in the Wrong Thread.

I took some lads up to the flight line this morning, I waited with them as it was there first report and listened in to the mandatory briefs, Dangerous air cargo, Timings, and then Duty free, "I'm no expert but I believe that the tobacco entitlement is something like 200 cigs and a set amount of rolling tobacco" Some of the lads had 400 cigs and were told by the RMP that they had to be removed 200 cigs from there bags as they could not take them back to the UK. I took the cigs off the lads for safe keeping, However there were some lads from other units who had no one to pass on there extra cigs, and either gave them away, or binned them.
    What authority Do the RMP have when it comes to duty free? Can they make you take them out of your bags?
    And what is stopping you from taking the cigs with you then declaring them at the other end, as that is an option open to everyone on civil airlines?
    Thanks for your time

2. Absolutely no authority whatsoever. Have you taken this matter up formally? I'd put money on them having taken all of those fags back to the monkey house and sharing them out with the other marmosets. They did it to me a few years back. Monkey bastards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I should have stated that when fly on a civil air line you have the choice to go through the red channel "something to declare" or the green channel "nothing to declare" I also believe that it is only an offence to land the cigs with out declaring them, ie Smuggling?