RMP Deployments

Hi all, I was wondering considering the draw down of forces from Germany over the next 6 or so years where someone finishing phase 2 at southwick park would find themselves be it in the uk or overseas. I'd also be interested to know which are the most likely deployments and which are less so.

Any input from serving or retired RMP would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance

When I finished basic in 1986, the only places you were posted to were UK, NI and Germany. Things will have changed in 28 years. ;)

The RMP now has only one provost company based in Germany (Sennelager). The rest of Germany is covered by small detachments, that company will eventually redeploy to leuchars in Scotland. You can still be based in Cyprus. With regards to Op deployments, if you become CP qualified you deploy to a plethora of locations. Hope this helps a bit, I suggest if you want more information you contact the RMP soldier Recruiter at Worthy Down

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

It used to be you got posted to the large garrisons first to get experience before moving to detachments.

When I left in 2011 the main UK locations were Aldershot, Bulford, Catterick, Colchester, Donnington and Lisburn.

Johnsmith1234 - actual deployments will be few and far between after the withdrawal from Afghanistan, the RMP will still continue to operate wherever there is a British army presence, many JNCO find themselves deploying to Kenya and Canada on exercise or in policing roles, you can still deploy on Op tosca in cyprus (or based there as part of Cyprus joint police unit). As mentioned before if you complete the cp course you could deploy quite soon after for up to 6-7 months

Johnsmith1234 - actual deployments will be few and far between after the withdrawal from Afghanistan, the RMP will still continue to operate wherever there is a British army presence, many JNCO find themselves deploying to Kenya and Canada on exercise or in policing roles, you can still deploy on Op tosca in cyprus (or based there as part of Cyprus joint police unit). As mentioned before if you complete the cp course you could deploy quite soon after for up to 6-7 months

Oh ok, what I actually meant was initial base/posting not operational deployments. Although that was going to be my next question! So in terms of initial postings/bases, most likely and difference between them?

PS at what stage can one apply for the CP course? And why for up to 6-7 months?

Right, understood. In terms of initial postings the options are Aldershot, bulford, Colchester, Donnington, catterick, sennelager (eventually leuchars) and Cyprus. They all differ in many ways depending on the units that are within the garrisons and the brigades they work to. A general rule of thumb in a provost company is that 3 platoons rotate from shift police work, police support then exercise/training. People have gone on the complete the CP course quite soon after completing phase 2 however it's usually more likely after you have completed a year and cut your teeth on police work and life in the field army

Right, understood. In terms of initial postings the options are Aldershot, bulford, Colchester, Donnington, catterick, sennelager (eventually leuchars) and Cyprus. They all differ in many ways depending on the units that are within the garrisons and the brigades they work to. A general rule of thumb in a provost company is that 3 platoons rotate from shift police work, police support then exercise/training. People have gone on the complete the CP course quite soon after completing phase 2 however it's usually more likely after you have completed a year and cut your teeth on police work and life in the field army

Thanks alot for all the info, much appreciated!

Latest Threads