RMP Deaths In Iraq

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by error_unknown, Jun 25, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My deepest sympathies and condolences go out to all of the family, friends and colleges of the 6 Royal Military Police people who lost their lives yesterday.

2. I would like to echo that and say that I know the thoughts of my collegues in the Met are with them at this time.

Trotsky

3. Thank you for your kind words.  Although I did not have the privilage of knowing the newer lads who were killed, I went through RMP training with the Sgt, Simon 'H-J' Hamilton Jewell and served with him again several years later in Aldershot.  A stalwart Para Provost, he was one of our true characters and will be sadly missed.  I'm sure I speak on behalf all RMP, past and present, around the world.

Sincerest condolences to family and friends, particularly all at 156 Provost Company RMP in Colchester.

4. Seamus,

Simon H-J was an old mate, soldiered and parachuted with with him from 1983-88 when he was still a stab. He joined the RMP as it was the only corps that would have a 27 year old recruit.

I have now raised several glasses to his memory and intend to do so for the rest of the evening.

A top bloke - if you hear of the funeral details, let me know as I'd like to pay my respects in person.

5. LE_OC

I will certainly let you know of any details as and when I know them.

I'm glad that the RMP was one of the only Corps/Regt to accept recruits at 27 yrs on H-J's transfer in from PARA(V) in '89.  Everyone else's loss was certainly our gain.

I too am partaking in a beer or two tonight.

6. I and my colleagues in our newsroom were saddened by this news .. words are not enough, but our thoughts are with family and friends.

7. Sincerest condolences to family and friends, particularly all at 156 Provost Company RMP in Colchester.

8. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Just to echo the sentiments expressed here at this sad news. I was mightily impressed at their refusal to leave their post, bravery of the highest order that must be recognised, and a sacrifice that crys to the heavens for justice.

Perhaps someone with contacts at 156 could point them in the direction of this site/thread?

9. Already done Woopert.

10. Thank you C2

"I turned and shouted for the British to come too,I pleaded with them ,Save yourselves.

One called out that it was their duty to stay. One smiled and wished me luck."

"Exemplo Ducemus"

The Fallen

Corporal Simon Miller, 21   Tyne and Wear

Sergeant Simon Alexander Hamilton-Jewell, 41
    Chessington, Surrey

Corporal Russell Aston, 30 Swadlincote, Derbyshire

Corporal Paul Graham Long, 24 Colchester

Lance-Corporal Benjamin John McGowan Hyde, 23
    Northallerton, Yorks

Lance-Corporal Thomas Richard Keys, 20 Bala, N Wales

[​IMG]

11. As a Fulltime Fire fighter and an ex RMP just want to pass on my sincerest condolences to the family and friends of all that were recently killed in iraq.

12. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours right now.

13. My deepest sympathies to the families of the 6 brave souls who lost their lives.
    They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glint on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle Autumn rain.
    When you wake in the morning hush,
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starlight at night.
    I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.
    I am the song that will never end.
    I am the love of family and friend.
    I am the child who has come to rest
    In the arms of the Father who knows him best.
    When you see the sunset fair,
    I am the scented evening air.
    I am the joy of a task well done.
    I am the glow of the setting sun.
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry.
    I am not there, I did not die!

14. Sincerest condolences to all involved at this tragic time. We that grow old.......we will remember.
    A true Band of Brothers. Be proud of them and cherish their memories.

15. My heartfelt condolences to the families and comrades of those killed and injured in Basra this week, more tragic is that this is the second contact in two months.

If there was also an equipment shortcoming, than this was even more tragic. Thousands of others, like you live and work in soft skinned vehicles and face identical risks. I have also posted in QMs.
    :cry: