Rmp data protection act

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by MARTOK, Nov 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I got in to some bother with the RMP / SIB back in 1996 and the incident has recently come back to haunt me in civvie street.

    Is there any way I can find out the what records the RMP hold about me from back then.

    I know I can do it with the civvie police under the data protection act, but dont know how to go about it or who to contact with regards to RMP records.
  2. Write to the Data Protection Officer at the Service Police Crime Bureau, DCPG, Southwick Park, Fareham, Hants with your service details and what you want from them. They will tell you what they hold on record
  3. Thanks, I'll try that.

  4. PO17 6EJ for post code.
  5. Thanks MK, got the post code, got the phone number, spoken to them and in process of sending written request.

  6. unless it was a very serious crime such as rape/ murder etc they are unlikely to have any details in terms of original reports/ statements/ interview summaries etc as these are all destroyed after 7 years, the most you are likely to get is place date time, offence charged and penalty
  7. A REDCAP check should bring up most things. :rmp: