Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RMP at 16

I am just watching live feeds from a RMP reunion on Facebook in Düsseldorf, they seem to be having a good time, and my old school mate must have 32 years service with a 10 gong rack

I joined the rmp at 20, my only regret is that I hadn't joined another cap badge first as the experience I would of gained would of made me far better at my job!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

The most level headed, experienced ones I worked with had been infantry and para for a few years before going RMP and ended up doing CP rather well.

So you'd do your training and still be 17 by the time you finish. Even if you could promote at 17, which you can't, how do you think blokes are gonna take it with a spotty 17 year old simian trying to grip them for pissing in a bus stop or swearing in the street?

Hint: they'll laugh uproariously and then boot you into the canal.
The lads I went through JLR with managed just fine, One is still serving as an LE, most of the others did a full service.

I appreciate JLR is no longer but I just wanted to piss on your chips,

Hi all, I am looking to join the RMP via AFC Harrogate. I can see this would make me do the short course. However I am unsure about what would happen after the short course is over - would I immediately go to ATC Pirbright or another college of sorts?...If anyone could tell me what would happen after the course is over I would very much appreciate it. Best Regards.
You're never too young to be despised by soldiers. Crack on, matey.