RMP / AGC Parachuting

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by TSLL_2005, Jul 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Doe anyone know if the RMP have a Parachute Club / Association / Team, or the AGC as a whole.
    ArmyNet says there is an AGC Club but the link doesn't work.

Any details / contacts gratefully received!

Oh, and 156 doesn't count (not offence guys and girls, I just aint up to P-coy just yet). :wink:
  2. TSLL,

Don’t worry about throwing yourself out of perfectly serviceable aircraft. Any nutter can do that. Be more than a little apprehensive about P Coy though. That will really test your guts and determination. Remember, you will be required to become a “Trooper” before a “Para”.

Fooking hard. :lol:
  3. Try contacting these folks APA

As I remember they have a few sport jumpers and do a few ad hoc demos, but they import other jumpers to impersonate and dress them accordingly.....Gorilla outfit, Although that was the RAPC team and face it who wanted to fly a Halifax XL cloud.
  4. I think you'll find there are a few who refuse at the door!
  5. Rumrunner,

Thanks for the advice. I can imagine jumping is the easy bit as far as getting wings goes, Fallschirmjager's point accepted.

What I mean is that I'd like to get into Parachuting as a hobby / sport.

Yeah P-coy would be great but a) I'm nowhere near fit enough, b) I'm a TA RMP so chances of actually getting a course are slim to none as we lost our Para Provost Platoon before I was born!
  6. I've been 'refused at the door' and in some of the places I did manage to get into, I was 'refused at the bar'! :lol:

I'll get me coat.
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Shows that they are not nutters then, don't it 8) :?
  8. TSLL,

Try the 2 week Joint Services sport para cse as a starter for ten. Its free and at the very least gets you jumping. I did 8 jumps during my stint at Weston on the Green, but never again.....ohhhh noooo!

I am pretty sure there is no RMP orientated club by the way.

9. TSLL, if you can get hold of a copy of Triple Crown, the AGC quarterly (all AGC units should get it but its not issued down to individuals), the back cover lists all the Corps sports reps with contact details. I'll dig out the latest rather than give you old info and PM you this week. Regards!