• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

rmp advice please

Hi ,
i have a more in depth post in the jhq forum ,but basicaly i applied for my acsm via the medal office and was informed that the medal had been signed for by an individual a year after my discharge and that i would have to report the medal stolen or buy a copy, the problem is
1, i'm a civvie now discharged 12 yrs ago
2' the medal was signed for in germany
how do i go about reporting this as a theft 12yrs later and in another sovereign country. also can i get the details to who ever signed for my medal as proof that i have never recieved or signed for the above
any help would be appreciated.

I am sure you can report this as the theft will have been signed out within an MoD installation and so would be dealt with under UK law.

Statute of limitation might not apply because the theft have only just been discovered. Perhaps you should call the RMP police station at wherever it was signed out.

Why did it take you 12 years to discover you didn't get a medal you were entitled to?

Who signed for the medal. Do they have a name?

I don't think the RMP will give this the time of day. You've left it too late.

If you asked me to investigate this, I'd tell you to jog on.

You've lost your medal haven't you and are trying to blag a new one?

better off reporting to 110 at sennelager they work next door to stc

but you would need more info ie who signed for it etc, perhaps they are still serving?

It may be the case that your medal is with your docs at dhc

Nesbit216 said:
perhaps earning the right to wear it in the first place would be a good start you waltish type you
I've earned 10 times over you t*** thats why i can no longer hear in my left ear and have to wear an earing aid in my right if you want to make out of it please pm and i'll gladly give you a visit muppet. :x

SuperTrooper said:
Why did it take you 12 years to discover you didn't get a medal you were entitled to?

the medal was signed for in july 1998 i left in july 1997 the reason it took 12 yrs as i had certain issues i had to sort out if you have'nt been down that road which i hope you don't you won't understand .

davethedog said:
Nesbit216 said:
perhaps earning the right to wear it in the first place would be a good start you waltish type you
I've earned 10 times over you t*** thats why i can no longer hear in my left ear and have to wear an earing aid in my right if you want to make out of it please pm and i'll gladly give you a visit muppet. :x
What, you served over 30 years in an operational theatre (you earned it 10 times over)!!!!!? Well done my good man, a hero amongst heroes!!

Walt!!

ps. Please don't do internet threats to me as well, they are really scarey

AFA06 said:
davethedog said:
Nesbit216 said:
What, you served over 30 years in an operational theatre (you earned it 10 times over)!!!!!? Well done my good man, a hero amongst heroes!!

Walt!!

pm sent

This is getting a it silly.DTD, don't rise to it. Have you explained the sitation to the Army Medal Office? I suspect if they have documentary evidence that someone else signed for it, and that you confirmed in writing, that would suffice, and they would re-issue. This offence clearly wouldn't be investigated by RMP, (not proportio
nate, no likelihood of conviction etc) but that doesn't mean an offence hasn't taken place.

However, you're dealing with civil servants; I can only wish you the best of luck....

AFA06 said:
davethedog said:
Nesbit216 said:

Walt!!

do not even take the p**8 by calling me a hero i done what i done in my time but that is nothing to what the lads and lassies are doing in theatre today so please please answer my pm as the people who know me ,know i do not make threats ,you super dupper warrior :? . appologies to all who have tried to help with my original post the advice is very much appreciated :D

davethedog said:
thanks marco all i get from the medal office is the computer say's no but i'll keep at them
DTD try going through Veteran's UK (Freephone Number: 0800 169 2277. I believe it is also free to call from most Mobile service providers) who should be able to liaise with MOD Medal Office on your behalf.

....and try to ignore the usual baiting c@nts.

Good luck.

SuperTrooper said:

What a stunning response! And we wonder why the RMP are held in such low regard by the rest of the Armed Forces. You might as well have just typed "Feck off"!

ARRSE'ers are constantly banging on about respect within these forums yet some members show scant regard for it themselves on frequent occasions. You have no idea of the background of DTD and he should be afforded the respect due a Vet until he proves to be unworthy.

What's that Mum used to say now? "If you can't say anything nice then don't etc etc"

DTD.... best of luck with your enquires bud.

DG

many thanks plastic matron will try them and thankyou doogonk and every one who has positively helped on this matter, best regards too you all and again many thanks.
best regards
dave.

A big thanks to all who posted positively to my original post,was informed today that the medal office now agree's that i did not recieve my acsm and that it was stolen /signed for by person unknown so they will now replace this so thankyou all again for you're help :D

Latest Threads