RMP 6 Aniversary

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Mag_to_grid, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is 6 years today since HJ, Russ, Tom, Si, Ben and Paul were killed at Majar Al Kabir -- The Corps' worst loss on a single day. I served with all six and can say they were top lads who's knowledge, experience and good sense of humour the whole of the Corps will still be missing.

A drink will be raised tonight in their honour by me as I do every year.

RIP guys

Mags

2. No dis to The Six but I seem to remember that a MP post in Cairo was taken out in the troubles there. AFAIK, that was ten blokes. Used to be some bits in the Museum - burned plimmies etc.

3. I never knew that, will have to have a look into it though.

4. RIP brothers....

What a sh*t day that was :(

5. Where have those 6 years gone?

A shocking day.

6. RIP guys. I can't believe it was 6 years ago.

My thoughts are with the families on this difficult day.

7. Rest in peace lads.

It is difficult to imagine the pain and anguish felt by the families and friends of the six RMP's as a result of the terrible actions of that day. As we remember each one of them, let us all hope that their families and friends find lasting peace in their memory.

We will remember them.

AB

8. RIP guys.

9. RIP guys.

Gone but definately not forgotten.

10. RIP lads. Sad times.

11. Very sad. I did not know them all, I had the privilege to know HJ, the best damn CONCO I ever worked with and a damn fine chap, handy to have around in a tight spot. Still never met anybody else who could drink a crate and a half of hooch and remain upright - Nails.

12. RIP brave colleagues.