RMP 2020

Hi All, passed AC and been told i've got a high A grade.
Going for RMP but told it's going to be well into next year for my intake.
Anyone got any confirmed intake dates for 2020?
Be really useful for me to start planning the next 6+ months.
Thanks!

Are you absolutely positive that's the career for you? I don't say this as the usual "why would you want to join the most hated branch in the Army?" but to the fact that I work next to a RMP police station, and there is loads of them here, but they have nothing to do. I was on my resettlement brief with a young RMP LCpl from that Sqn and she was signing off at her 3 year point basically due to the fact that she said there is absolutely nothing to do.
They sit around all day trying to look busy because they'll get dicked for shit jobs otherwise.
The RMP dont really have much of a role any more. If you're looking for excitement or a fulfilling career, I would seriously suggest looking elsewhere.

Are you absolutely positive that's the career for you? I don't say this as the usual "why would you want to join the most hated branch in the Army?" but to the fact that I work next to a RMP police station, and there is loads of them here, but they have nothing to do. I was on my resettlement brief with a young RMP LCpl from that Sqn and she was signing off at her 3 year point basically due to the fact that she said there is absolutely nothing to do.
They sit around all day trying to look busy because they'll get dicked for shit jobs otherwise.
The RMP dont really have much of a role any more. If you're looking for excitement or a fulfilling career, I would seriously suggest looking elsewhere.
Thanks for your response! I mean I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do. I do (rather worryingly), keep hearing these stories in multiple branches of standing around and doing nothing! It's starting to concern me now.
I would be keen to hear suggestions of roles that are the better ones!!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Join up, see how you get on. If it's boring etc, there are lots of other opportunities across the Army.

I concur with buggrit. The RMP are in limbo for many reasons. Rather than waste your time cleaning vehicles because the RSM wants you “occupied”, I would think a bit broader.
Join the infantry. If you want to transfer later, or commission, you will always have the background that makes you valuable.

windswept398

Old-Salt
Thanks for your response! I mean I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do. I do (rather worryingly), keep hearing these stories in multiple branches of standing around and doing nothing! It's starting to concern me now.
I would be keen to hear suggestions of roles that are the better ones!!
I don't want to dishearten you but if you want to be a copper, just join the Civpol. I have friends in the Civpol and they tell me ex military police and looked on too favourably. Something about their policing style is very different to the home office forces.

windswept398

Old-Salt
I concur with buggrit. The RMP are in limbo for many reasons. Rather than waste your time cleaning vehicles because the RSM wants you “occupied”, I would think a bit broader.
Join the infantry. If you want to transfer later, or commission, you will always have the background that makes you valuable.
Transferring from the Infantry is largely impossible these days.

What are those reasons for being in limbo?

Why do they have nothing to do? There's around 2500 of them, surely someone is doing something interesting? xD

Thanks!
if your grades are good why not go for a tech trade have one eye on civvy street Qs

Maybe look at Int Corps or (and hear me out on this one) the AGC. The point about the AGC is that you can get posted to all sorts of different units and can get involved with some of the things they do. If you are brighter than average then you'll progress up t he ranks quicker. If you really want to go RMP then do so. If it isn't for you then other trades will be willing to have you, I'm certain.

What are those reasons for being in limbo?

Why do they have nothing to do? There's around 2500 of them, surely someone is doing something interesting? xD
Like buggrit says, they don’t have much to do. Withdrawal from Germany has left a policing vacuum. This leaves them to do soldiering. In which case, join the infantry and take it seriously.
Unless you fancy close protection, which will take you to some interesting places.

Thanks!
PM Sent.

Latest Threads