RMOs Can they or Cant They??

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ewan2000, Dec 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have come across a couple of cases now where the unit RMO have been charging SP for them to sign documents such as PAX Claim Form's ect, the norm has been £25.

Now one RMO has been inputting said contributions back into the "Medical Pot" via the Imprest Holder and the other into his "Pocket" stating that he declares this extra income to the Tax Man.

So can they or can't and if so...............Where's the reference Document??

Cheers All.

2. Not sure about military RMOs but civilians GPs are certainly entitled to do so. As signing forms shotgun certs, HGV medicals etc etc does not part of their NHS Contract and are classed as private consultations.

When I was the Practice Manager of a GP surgery the charge for counter signatures was about £15 - £50 depending on the form and information required.

3. Was the 1st an RAMC Dr & the 2nd a civvy locum?

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

No they cannot, they are there to serve soldiers and their families, anyway I think that!!

5. sucks teeth....quickest way to getting binned, foxing with the cash

may be entirely legal but I'd have thought it was frowned upon, cashing of the blokes, even for a "medical" pot, whatever the feck that is

Expert to the RHQ forum, Expert to the RHQ forum!

6. Definitely not - they are paid the military salary same as the rest of us!! Locums are paid for their time and should not charge any extras during this time. Civvy GPs are running a business and can charge the going rate.

By the way my invoice for this piece of advice is in the post!!

PW

7. At last, a bandwagon I could jump on. How much do you reckon I should charge for servicing and inspecting green fleet motors ?

8. If you pm the details of the unit concerned then I should be able to sort that one out.

Your details would not be required.

Regards,

PM