RMAS The first 5 weeks??

#1
I'm soon going to be joining RMAS as an OC and I was just wondering if the rumours of the the first 5 weeks are true? Is it reallynecessary to stash mars bars in order to get the amount oof energy you need, and other than that what is it like what can I expect?

AJ :?
 
#2
Ive heard the first five weeks is like being on holiday in a fve star hotel but they pay you. Also you get loads of spare time get up in the pm as well. Dont worry should be a breeze. lots of really friendly people and hotel staff there will help you.
 
#3
LMAO...LOL @ FOOTMAN... sigh.
 
#4
you need to start off on the right foot, on arrival, be sure to greet your CSgt with the following words "I say CSgt be a good chap and carry my bags to the block" also make sure you tip him. a crisp fiver should do the trick. Set you up for your whole year that will...
 
#5
shinnyshoesOC said:
I'm soon going to be joining RMAS as an OC and I was just wondering if the rumours of the the first 5 weeks are true? Is it reallynecessary to stash mars bars in order to get the amount oof energy you need, and other than that what is it like what can I expect?

AJ :?
You are going as a Company Commander and you don't know :?


Don't worry about Rats, the S Plan diet is fine (or at least it was!)


Oh and good luck.
 
#6
Ask the nice CSM to carry your rifle for you,if it's a tad too heavy.Also ask him if needs extra money to act as your batman-out of working hours of course.
 
#7
LOL..LMFAO... ok ok... you guys killing me now... i love you guys "the collective" as i like to call ya... i feel for the lad tho. he kind of set himself up for that one...

shinnyshoes there is a whole thread on wat to expect, and i believe noone tells the newbies about the 5 weeks becus they dont want to spoil it for you since noone spoilt it for them...

no i aint been thru it, well not yet....

:) thanks for the laughs boys
 
#8
Athena said:
LOL..LMFAO... ok ok... you guys killing me now... i love you guys "the collective" as i like to call ya... i feel for the lad tho. he kind of set himself up for that one...

shinnyshoes there is a whole thread on wat to expect, and i believe noone tells the newbies about the 5 weeks becus they dont want to spoil it for you since noone spoilt it for them...

no i aint been thru it, well not yet....

:) thanks for the laughs boys

Shush FFS, you will giving the game away about the Batmen next!
 
#9
Also never be afriad too be to friendly. Just becuase you dont know the hotel staff there is no harm in calling anyone "mate" or "Mucker". ALso it is really fashionable to be late for everything. In fact the later the better it will show everyone your really chilled out and dont take things too serious. Stick with it and you never know,
 
#12
Athena - cultural and age differences aside, you will do far better on here without the text speak. I can ROFL and OMFG if forced to, but the Armed Forces are a conservative bunch and value the ability to communicate well - even here.

[/miserable old bgger]
 
#13
shinnyshoesOC said:
I'm soon going to be joining RMAS as an OC and I was just wondering if the rumours of the the first 5 weeks are true? Is it reallynecessary to stash mars bars in order to get the amount oof energy you need, and other than that what is it like what can I expect?

AJ :?
1. Some of them.

2. No.

3. Wait and see... :twisted:
 
#14
Mr_C_Hinecap said:
Athena - cultural and age differences aside, you will do far better on here without the text speak. I can ROFL and OMFG if forced to, but the Armed Forces are a conservative bunch and value the ability to communicate well - even here.

[/miserable old bgger]

:D ya know whats the funny thing about that, you guys use abbreviations as well then i know i sometimes dont understand and some others dont...

but i'll clear it up for the collective...

lmfao = Laugh my f*** ass off
lol = laugh out loud

seem more fun to just give the shorter version then type all that out... sorry if someone didnt understand it.
 
#15
No, you misunderstood, Athena. He was pointing out that using that sort of abbreviation (LMFAO, OMFG, etc.) is completely unnecessary, and not appreciated by ARRSE regulars. :D

Whereas abbreviations such as TLA, GPMG etc. are all acceptable because it saves time.
 
#16
Athena said:
Mr_C_Hinecap said:
Athena - cultural and age differences aside, you will do far better on here without the text speak. I can ROFL and OMFG if forced to, but the Armed Forces are a conservative bunch and value the ability to communicate well - even here.

[/miserable old bgger]

:D ya know whats the funny thing about that, you guys use abbreviations as well then i know i sometimes dont understand and some others dont...

but i'll clear it up for the collective...

lmfao = Laugh my f*** ass off
lol = laugh out loud

seem more fun to just give the shorter version then type all that out... sorry if someone didnt understand it.
]

Twat. Type properly in proper English, not text speak mong dribble.
 
#17
I love hearing "is Sandhurst hard?" questions! I am not there yet but hopefully will be soon. I will make sure to call everyone mate especially the Sgts.. want to make sure I get on their good side!

I think that if you are worried about Sandhurst being hard you might not really want to go there in the first place?

J.
 
#19
Not really worrying about it being hard, I do marathons for fun and I climb and mountaineer so the training shouldn't kill me any more than most, so don't care about it being hard work painfull or depressing, thought some people witha bit of army knowledge could help someone with very little. Understand you don't want to pre warn me about the sh*t to come fair enough, thought I'd ask. I was simply wondering why the first five weeks are any harder than the rest but no worries.
 
#20
Sorry mate the way you phrased the question sounded pretty daft. Fair dos though. From what I have heard, yes its intense in the first term. Gets easier (but not easy) in the other two terms and then harder again when you start training with your regiment.

Dont take my word though I am only a hopefull.

On another note if you are endurance man (another mountaineer/long distance runner here) then start changing your routine to do more high intensity, lower duration sessions. Marathon endurance wont help you with this kind of fitness (I found out the hard way lol).

J.
 

Latest Threads

Top