RMAS The first 5 weeks??

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by shinnyshoesOC, Oct 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm soon going to be joining RMAS as an OC and I was just wondering if the rumours of the the first 5 weeks are true? Is it reallynecessary to stash mars bars in order to get the amount oof energy you need, and other than that what is it like what can I expect?

AJ :?
  2. Ive heard the first five weeks is like being on holiday in a fve star hotel but they pay you. Also you get loads of spare time get up in the pm as well. Dont worry should be a breeze. lots of really friendly people and hotel staff there will help you.
  3. LMAO...LOL @ FOOTMAN... sigh.
  4. you need to start off on the right foot, on arrival, be sure to greet your CSgt with the following words "I say CSgt be a good chap and carry my bags to the block" also make sure you tip him. a crisp fiver should do the trick. Set you up for your whole year that will...
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You are going as a Company Commander and you don't know :?

Don't worry about Rats, the S Plan diet is fine (or at least it was!)

Oh and good luck.
  6. Ask the nice CSM to carry your rifle for you,if it's a tad too heavy.Also ask him if needs extra money to act as your batman-out of working hours of course.
  7. LOL..LMFAO... ok ok... you guys killing me now... i love you guys "the collective" as i like to call ya... i feel for the lad tho. he kind of set himself up for that one...

shinnyshoes there is a whole thread on wat to expect, and i believe noone tells the newbies about the 5 weeks becus they dont want to spoil it for you since noone spoilt it for them...

no i aint been thru it, well not yet....

:) thanks for the laughs boys
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Shush FFS, you will giving the game away about the Batmen next!
  9. Also never be afriad too be to friendly. Just becuase you dont know the hotel staff there is no harm in calling anyone "mate" or "Mucker". ALso it is really fashionable to be late for everything. In fact the later the better it will show everyone your really chilled out and dont take things too serious. Stick with it and you never know,
  10. What are shinny shoes? A new line in injury prevention footwear?

And what's an OC and can anyone be one?
  11. Chaps - looks like we've got another one.
  12. Athena - cultural and age differences aside, you will do far better on here without the text speak. I can ROFL and OMFG if forced to, but the Armed Forces are a conservative bunch and value the ability to communicate well - even here.

[/miserable old bgger]
  13. 1. Some of them.

2. No.

3. Wait and see... :twisted:

14. :D ya know whats the funny thing about that, you guys use abbreviations as well then i know i sometimes dont understand and some others dont...

but i'll clear it up for the collective...

lmfao = Laugh my f*** ass off
    lol = laugh out loud

seem more fun to just give the shorter version then type all that out... sorry if someone didnt understand it.
  15. No, you misunderstood, Athena. He was pointing out that using that sort of abbreviation (LMFAO, OMFG, etc.) is completely unnecessary, and not appreciated by ARRSE regulars. :D

Whereas abbreviations such as TLA, GPMG etc. are all acceptable because it saves time.