RMAS Sword of Honour Mitty.

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Capt Cheeky, Jan 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any way of finding out who won the sword of honour at RMAS over the past few years as there's this Mitty chap who reckons he won it amongst other things....

Any help un-mittying this wallah mucho appreciated!

2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Pal of mine is on the DS there; PM me this fella's name and the year he claims to have won and I'll let you know (publicly of course if he's been telling porkies).

3. I do like a public hanging. :D

4. Assuming he has not pawned it, he should be able to produce hallowed pig-sticker. Challenge/con him to produe it in favourite watering place. Should be public enough.

5. Would anyone in their right mind pawn it if they got it?

6. msr

msr LE

I would have thought that a google search for his name and 'sandhurst sword of honour' would turn something up.

msr

7. The names of all Sword of Honour winners are painted on the wall of the library, next to the names of all VC winners.

8. If the bloke is still in the Army, he is unlikely to have won it. In my experience they all seem to leave after 3 years.

9. Cheers Chaps, have emailed a friend in his third term who's going to do some digging for me!

Stay tuned for the result!

10. If it does turn out that your chum did win the Sword then it might be useful to remind him that those who rise high in the army tend to have been either quiet and unassuming or simply troublemakers, not talented brown nosers (they usually are quite talented and not just at brown nosing). Also, most Sword winners seem to join lesser Regiments such as the Paras or Footguards (occasionally line Inf) but never the less he will have the correct sword to carry on parade/duty. It might be worth letting his RSM (or Adjt if he is a good lad) know that you think he is blagging and they will be able to check it quite publically in front of the entire Officer's Mess or if really lucky the entire regiment.

Perhaps you don't hate him this much.

It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle cannot replace the speed of the horse, the magnetism of the charge and the terror of cold steel. The British Cavalry Manual 1907.

11. Yep - spot on. Glad to see someone's been in the library in that place. All those books and magazines (of the reading variety), but not a second to enjoy them!

12. Wasn't it Smith-Dorrien who was spotted two weeks before his Staff College exam, asking the way to the library?

13. So do we have an answer ?

14. due to my man on the inseide being subjected to ritual beastings from early O'Clock until late his email / text message habit is a bit sparse... as soon as I hear it'll be posted here!