RMAS May 2013 intake

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Scazmatraz, Aug 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Anyone else on this intake?

2. Yep I am. I have heard this is the one all the cool kids are on...
  3. Yes, yes it is!
  4. At the moment! Still hoping for Jan.
  5. Hello guys I am currently on the May intake too with waiting list for Jan!
  6. Congratulations to you all!
    If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you all pass Main Board?

7. Briefing in Jan, Main Board in July. Rang Sandhurst to book onto a course as soon as I got the letter!
  8. What Regiments would everyone like to join all going smoothly at RMAS?
  9. Tchah! The young folk today! Twasn't this way in m'day etc., etc.

Good luck all you young whippersnappers!
  10. davidflies

davidflies War Hero Book Reviewer

Rang RMAS to book a course! In my day a roneoed letter arrived telling me when to arrive, with no options for change. What is the place turning into?
  11. I suppose nowadays they confirm with a text message: "Yo Blud! c u when ur ready!" or something like that. Roneoed letters had feeling behind them!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. May intake is for cool kids.

Sep = mega keeners, fresh from Uni.

Jan = mega keeners, fresh from Uni who didn't get their admin squared on time.

May = young uns, old uns, people who've had a job/life and going for a career change.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. davidflies

davidflies War Hero Book Reviewer

"cool kids" - Jesus, what are they? I suppose nobody goes the RMAS now seeing it as an opportunity to serve one's country - and incidentally do a job of which one could be proud.

I would love to be corrected on this!
  14. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Why would you think that? They've been going to RMAS for the last eight years - at least - in the full expectation of having to head off immediately afterwards to Iraq or Afghanistan and face getting large chunks of their anatomy blown off for Queen and country. I don't see any motivation problem with these 'cool kids'.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. msr

msr LE

what's 'roneoed' ?