RMAS May 2013 intake

Tchah! The young folk today! Twasn't this way in m'day etc., etc.

Good luck all you young whippersnappers!

davidflies

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Rang RMAS to book a course! In my day a roneoed letter arrived telling me when to arrive, with no options for change. What is the place turning into?

Rang RMAS to book a course! In my day a roneoed letter arrived telling me when to arrive, with no options for change. What is the place turning into?
I suppose nowadays they confirm with a text message: "Yo Blud! c u when ur ready!" or something like that. Roneoed letters had feeling behind them!

May intake is for cool kids.

Sep = mega keeners, fresh from Uni.

Jan = mega keeners, fresh from Uni who didn't get their admin squared on time.

May = young uns, old uns, people who've had a job/life and going for a career change.

davidflies

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"cool kids" - Jesus, what are they? I suppose nobody goes the RMAS now seeing it as an opportunity to serve one's country - and incidentally do a job of which one could be proud.

I would love to be corrected on this!

cpunk

LE
I suppose nobody goes the RMAS now seeing it as an opportunity to serve one's country - and incidentally do a job of which one could be proud.

I would love to be corrected on this!
Why would you think that? They've been going to RMAS for the last eight years - at least - in the full expectation of having to head off immediately afterwards to Iraq or Afghanistan and face getting large chunks of their anatomy blown off for Queen and country. I don't see any motivation problem with these 'cool kids'.

what's 'roneoed' ?

M

Mark The Convict

The 'roneo machine'. One of these;

The predecessor of the photocopier, and only slightly more advanced than cuneiform and wax tablets.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
what's 'roneoed' ?
jarrod might know, I think it involves chocolate coated toffees and bits of the body where you aren't supposed to stick them.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
The 'roneo machine'. One of these;

The predecessor of the photocopier, and only slightly more advanced than cuneiform and wax tablets.
precursor to the xerox machine, photocopies were just that, photos of your documents which were then developed. took a wee while to get done apparently