Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RMAS instructors?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope, I'm the delicate young thing on the right...

Show Farah’s replaced with something respectable.
Show tie knot knotted at throat rather than knees.
Show sleeves rolled to regulation length and even.

At radio mast on Barrossa.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Show Farah’s replaced with something respectable.
Show tie knot knotted at throat rather than knees.
Show sleeves rolled to regulation length and even.

At radio mast on Barrossa.
Farahs were de rigeur in the 70s, especially to a cash-strapped OCdt. I confess to the tie/sleeve crimes. For the record I have shown my bedspace at Point 406 and that bloody mushroom at the Radio Tower, both times at 0600hrs.

DS didn't turn up either time!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
He also seems to be sporting a scout belt.

Sent to Rowallan in an attempt to develop his dress sense?

I just noticed (and remembered) that. Pip L******n - good egg (and a handy boxer I recall).

Farahs were de rigeur in the 70s, especially to a cash-strapped OCdt. I confess to the tie/sleeve crimes. For the record I have shown my bedspace at Point 406 and that bloody mushroom at the Radio Tower, both times at 0600hrs.

DS didn't turn up either time!
Well you didn’t see them, they may well have been there, indeed they may still be watching you.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
From Culloden, where all the officers were killed/wounded and the seniors took command.

ETA: it was the 13th Foot which became the Somerset Light Infantry (Prince Albert's).

It's a widely held belief to that effect but it's not the reason why the SLI wore the infantry sergeants' sash in that fashion.
The 13th suffered no casualties at Culloden.
I don't think there is a definitive answer (if there were, I believe it's unlikely that the Culloden story would have gained credence).
Up to the time of Crimea/Indian Mutiny, left or right appeared to be at the whim of each foot regiment. Then regiments started to standardise and the less romantic answer maybe that the 13th/SLI just decided to hang on to their mode when the others changed (where applicable)
Whatever the real reason, it was a nice tradition and part of the army's rich fabric and custom of 'being different to the others'

I see your James Ellery and raise you Reggie Purbrick.

Or Arthur Denaro.
Thankfully I'd gone just prior to Deanro's stint as Commandant (I was there under "Don't Tell Him's" reign of terror. Contrary to popular belief (or the assumption that standing astride your Chally and screaming "Chaaaaaaarge" as you go over the start line means you are possessing of "character" - many believe it was just the metal plate in his head) he made the lives of any OCdt displaying the slightest character or personality a misery and playing the grey man was the way forward.

Thankfully I'd gone just prior to Deanro's stint as Commandant (I was there under "Don't Tell Him's" reign of terror. Contrary to popular belief (or the assumption that standing astride your Chally and screaming "Chaaaaaaarge" as you go over the start line means you are possessing of "character" - many believe it was just the metal plate in his head) he made the lives of any OCdt displaying the slightest character or personality a misery and playing the grey man was the way forward.

Show again post with parentheses sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show again post with parentheses sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't a ******* BODMAS lesson or an excel formula. Learn to cope you autistic window licker :rolleyes:

I’m an ex-Sapper.

Asbergers is a selection requirement :)
Did you hold your MoD90 in one of these?

1603108232656.png

Latest Threads