RMAs in the TA

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by one-one-delta, May 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I understand it on completion of the CMT3 cse if you are not cap badged RAMC, you are considered a RMA within your unit....what does this involve?

Guessing your not allowed to do much.......?

Wondering with all the changes happening within the CMT trade and how it is/will affect the RMA.........i was told at the moment "you can do the training but you wont be allowed to put any of it into practice".

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Clinical Governance- dontcha just love it!

3. I have heard of it but how does it effect the role? Spoke to my TM today who said as he understood it and would be advising the CO I could do the training but would never use it appart from the "good samariten" approach. Does that however mean that none of our med cover on a TA ex can be provided by TA CMT/RMA??

4. IIRC there is no longer an RMA3(V) course. Unless it was started up again.

5. theres CMT3(V) still run which is meant to be an RMAs course for those that arent RAMC cap badged.

6. Hmmmmm you mean i spent 2 weeks recently at Keogh for nothing?! better tell the DS!

7. tebagagap

what did they tell you could actually do? Or does clinical goverence stop you doing anything?

8. 11D the Course was actually very good, the current DS, especially SGT J & CPL (Hop-a-long) E are excellent.

They actually didn't say much about clinical governance.

The course is split between Anatomy and Physiology, first aid (Triage and Immediate Care) and then Clinical, on the clinical sides we were expected to do basic obs (blood pressure etc) , setting up a sterile trolley and clean and redressing a wound. Know one said that we would not be doing this task is reality so we took that as we could, and after all we were examined on it!

RMA3 is very basic but a very good course with loads of interesting points. Highly recommended if you are thinking of that route.

TG

9. cheers for that

anyone from the AMS family know the offical policy or were I could find it?