Rmas cc131

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by 0lauded, Nov 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For anyone starting RMAS in January,

I have created a Facebook group where we can bitch and moan about pointless bits of admin and generally keep in touch. It is imaginatively titled 'RMAS CC131'. All welcome to join of course.

2. Good man, I was wondering if one would pop up!

3. Best of luck all. CC132 is going to be better though.

4. Awesome persec there, not only do your staff no were to find your bitches and whinges, but any adversary groups doing open source intelligence gathering can pin down 100-odd potential army officers. And who bets at least 1 of those face book accounts has sufficient personal info on to trace that individual to a known address, allowing them to black bag 'em and give them 15 minutes of fame on Al Jazeera as their head separates from their body?

I hope you are not starting as you mean to go on.

5. PS excuse nthe mongoloid spelling I obviously meant 'know' and 'where'...

6. True if not unlikely, but in the same breath the MOD don't see it as inappropriate to publish a commissioning list on the Army website every Sovereigns parade? Any OCdt with any sense isn't going to be splurting all their info over their profile page as you suggest. Look, I'm no intel expert, but I do recall SO2 OCdts suggesting it was a good idea.

7. I'd start it once I was there, as a closed group, with the admin accepting known blokes.

Not now, when you don't know anyone...

8. You not actually thought about just knuckling down and getting on with it?...........................Ohh how times change, and not always for the better.

9. msr

msr LE

I'd go with the even more radical suggestion of actually talking to other people over a pint.

10. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Come on msr - get with it. If they don't have a Face book page they will sit in their rooms texting each other

• Like Like x 1
  11. No, not face to face comms, Its so much easier being arsy with a keyboard!

12. This is an officier who has been given the grim task of looking after policy for Cadets.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is this group still active? Just did a search and can't find it. There are plenty of pages/groups for the courses currently there and past, so its obviously a common thing to do.

14. I can't see it either - is the group still around?

15. I think you should be concentrating on passing your course rather that an outlet for "Bitching and Whinging" for all the world to see,Whatever next a book and a TV film or even a you tube account so we can all see the tears and tantrums !