RMAS blog by American girl

Discussion in 'Officers' started by pmc_abo, Jun 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those who fancy a wry smile..........I thought she was taking the p..s.

"On Sunday I had the ultimate experience an American, boy-crazy girl can have in the United Kingdom. I went to a polo tournament at Sandhurst, the Royal Military Academy that trains "gentlemen cadets." I was watching a friend, Captain C, play for the existing officers team. The road trip itself, complete with eight types of chocolate, Britney, and three awesome friends, would have been enough fun for a Sunday. But lucky me - I got so much more...........Hundreds and hundreds of army men came out of nowhere, and surrounded our blanket"

There's more and pics....

http://memphisbelle1.livejournal.com/3323.html

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Awwww bless!

"Army men", are they like soldiers but somehow different? :)

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You're only jealous.

4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

I wonder what she made of all those red cords and men in their twenties shouting "Form" very loudly and to no-one in particular?

5. "D kept saying, "I don't understand how you fancy them so much. You can't even see their faces or their bodies." But D, it's not about that. It's about the salmon cords and mustard moleskin, and the imagery that it produces!"

6. BuggerAll

Priceless... 2 irrelevant fcukwits. The difference is that one is a useless cnut and the other has a cnut and is therefore useful for something.

7. Yes.... spot on Dear. Poor Old Gordon is heading for a breakdown..... He will be towed away on a Gurney by men in White Coats.......

As for your blog about RMA Sandhurst, dearie..... you really should get out more amongst the Peasants of the UK. A good nights Knees Up down the local Pub, especially around Slough will give a taste of Real Life in he UK....

Then a Kebab... and a good puke up in the gutter before wending your way home..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

8. Narcissistic personality disorder (aka being 23, massively self-obsessed, and dumb as a shoebox) + keyboard & internet access = blog.

Or possibly multiple thread entries on ARRSE....

9. BuggerAll

Yes but she has Gordon's number

10. I don't know.... some pretty positive musings by a Steel Magnolia .... Why the angst?

11. Why were all the pics of her day at Sandhurst "borrowed" from the net. the appearance of HRH in one of them and another definitely being a publicity shot. she probably googled polo for the last pic.

The phrase that the "cadets walked a long way to keep us safe - it's an english military tradition" WTF?

People like this (and this may get me in trouble, but who cares) should be kept under careful scrutiny - firstly in case they accidentally stumble on the real world and then have some sort of nervous breakdown and secondly in case they have the misfortune to breed more in their image...

Obviuosly, I am sure that some of the "gentlemen cadets" appreciated an appreciative girl (pretty or otherwise - cabin fever would be well in swing) sitting on her blanket ogling all and sundry. And as for Capt C, her friend who invited her, he is obviously getting some well deserved action from that day out!

12. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Strange girl, especially naming herself after a Soldiers under Training canteen! Unless she is Pauline from the NAAFI shop!

13. Hello Boys,

So nice to see that so many of you read my blog, though there don't seem to many polo players among you.

I always assumed that "army men" (soldiers has a very different connotation, and this blog was not about war or the services) were a pretty international bunch, all that travel and seeing the world, but you are impressively parochial.

If you don't like Gordon Brown, that's your own affair, but I really don't see what that has to do with your genitals, or mine, unless you dislike him on the basis of his gender, which would be at best confusing given the male dominated world in which you live.

As an American, I do like to go and see a bit of the national stereo-type played out, and have done my fair share of late night kebab's while in your fascinating country believe me, but I would also appreciate a little poetic license when writing about it.

Try and get out a little more often. It's nice.
    Memphis Belle

14. FFS A septic Indy reader, the mind boggles