RMA Sword of Honour

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tonanti, Dec 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sexist drivel removed.
  2. As this is Current Affairs and not the NAAFI, I shall adjust my reply as required.

Well done to Officer Cadet Sarah Hunter-Choat!

Tonati - Thanks for your contribution. Now go play on the runway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 5
  4. Shock horror.

Most able student wins award.

Second shock horror.

Women in HM Forces win multiple awards for gallantry in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wouldnt have happened in my day - we were all to busy getting sloshed in BAOR and conducting freaky self exploration by shoving our miniscule todgers down the barrels of SLRs to have time to do the job for real...
    • Like Like x 8
  5. Well done to the Top Student, OP go back to your club and hide behind a copy of the Telegraph.

However this 'bit' made me chuckle.

Providing versatile, agile and battle-winning armed forces and a smaller, more professional Ministry of Defence
  6. An outstanding achievement - Her father would have been very very proud indeed as I'm sure her family are too.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. What am I missing? Following a rigorous assessment, the best candidate is selected for a prestigious honour? What's the problem?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 'Wouldn't have happened in my day'.

Nope, you'd have been too busy staring at the Inner German Border waiting for the Reds to rock up. The world has moved on grandpa, so pop down the Legion and reminisce with your National Service buddies about just how good the bad old days were.

Oh, and welcome to the 21st century, by the way.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. And a top soldier and bloke too.
  10. How many cap badges? French Foreign Legion, 7th Gurkhas, Royal Artillery, Royal Horse Artillery, SAS, Sultan of Oman's Special Forces...
  11. For the life of me I cannot see an issue............................................................................................??

Very well done to her.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Would you please qualify that remark. Not all us Cold War warriors were, or are, thick ignorant out of date and mired in the past. Well done O/Cdt Hunter-Choat.
    • Like Like x 4
  13. So, Monsieur Tonanti.

How's this one working out for you then?
    • Like Like x 3