RMA Sword of Honour

F

fozzy

As this is Current Affairs and not the NAAFI, I shall adjust my reply as required.

Well done to Officer Cadet Sarah Hunter-Choat!

Tonati - Thanks for your contribution. Now go play on the runway.

Cock.

Shock horror.

Most able student wins award.

Second shock horror.

Women in HM Forces win multiple awards for gallantry in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wouldnt have happened in my day - we were all to busy getting sloshed in BAOR and conducting freaky self exploration by shoving our miniscule todgers down the barrels of SLRs to have time to do the job for real...

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Well done to the Top Student, OP go back to your club and hide behind a copy of the Telegraph.

However this 'bit' made me chuckle.

Providing versatile, agile and battle-winning armed forces and a smaller, more professional Ministry of Defence

'Wouldn't have happened in my day'.

Nope, you'd have been too busy staring at the Inner German Border waiting for the Reds to rock up. The world has moved on grandpa, so pop down the Legion and reminisce with your National Service buddies about just how good the bad old days were.

Oh, and welcome to the 21st century, by the way.

For the life of me I cannot see an issue............................................................................................??

Very well done to her.

'Wouldn't have happened in my day'.

Nope, you'd have been too busy staring at the Inner German Border waiting for the Reds to rock up. The world has moved on grandpa, so pop down the Legion and reminisce with your National Service buddies about just how good the bad old days were.

Oh, and welcome to the 21st century, by the way.
Would you please qualify that remark. Not all us Cold War warriors were, or are, thick ignorant out of date and mired in the past. Well done O/Cdt Hunter-Choat.

Well done to the Gal i say....chosen on merit.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Grunt, you have too many opinionated cliche's....all signs of a boring sod! We don't all attend the legion, some of us still run marathons and beside watching the German border long ago, we fought some wars wearing just KF shorts, boots and a KF shirt and a bandolier. We didn't go off for four months or so, but for two or three years on occasions, and no mobile phones to cry into! Leave the old boys alone, or learn to take some return flak!

I gladly add, that if the girl did not deserve the sword, she would not have been awarded it, and what an achievement to relate to her grandchildren one day!

...and if you are going to post such antideluvian claptrap, please desist from using my original corps motto!

Some of us have standards...

Edited to add, I came across her old man once when he was CO of 23.. a brilliant and gifted individual.
A great pity that he did not live long enough to see her commission...

It looks like the Hunter Chotes are continuing to engage in their always unconventional ways... great stuff!

Sua Tela Tonanti!

Looking at the related links and her famillies history, I'd say the rest of Sandhurst were running for second place! Congratulations to her and good luck for what, I'm sure, will be an excellent career.