RMA Sandhurst Kit List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've just been offered an Undergraduate Bursary, followed by a place at Sandhurst on completion of my degree. I like to be prepared.

Can anyone attach a current kit list, reading list or any other tips for joining?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Improve your fitness. Worry about kit once you get joining instructions.

Read "On the psychology of military incompetence" by Norman F Dixon. Some specific examples my be open to criticism, but the underlying thread of the book is, in my opinion correct. If your response to reading it is along the lines of "This is load of twaddle written by a lefty commie..." then it applies to you. Otherwise be aware, be very aware, of the dangers of your calling.

just for fun, what degree are you taking.

Read "On the psychology of military incompetence" by Norman F Dixon. Some specific examples my be open to criticism, but the underlying thread of the book is, in my opinion correct. If your response to reading it is along the lines of "This is load of twaddle written by a lefty commie..." then it applies to you. Otherwise be aware, be very aware, of the dangers of your calling.

Seconded - excellent book.

- Prepare for your Degree now
- Joining a Reserve or UOTC unit will give you an advantage at RMAS

Closer to the time:
- Focus on personal fitness
- Read 'Black Hearts' and watch the TED talk by Zimbardo on the Lucifer effect
- Follow various social media blogs: Wavell Room, Notes from the Green Notebook, The Army Leader etc etc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Already noted this book!! I was given the recommendation on the GAIC(O), I look forward to reading it upon completion of my a levels.

I hope to study international relations and chinese/ arabic (university dependent)

Closer to the time:
- Follow various social media blogs: Wavell Room, Notes from the Green Notebook, The Army Leader etc etc

Thank you for this, I'll take note. I plan to join the UOTC.

Closer to the time:

It certainly used to be the case that the Adjutant would arrange all sorts of attachments to regular units for O/Cdts , which was a brilliant way of looking at various arms/ units and seeing what the role of a junior officer is .
If this still happens , take full advantage in order to make the right choice of arm or regiment , but beware pitfalls such as aprez work drinks in the troop bar / sergeant's mess / officer's mess / downtown .
There is a thread on here somewhere about the humiliation , self inflicted or otherwise , of dozens of potential officers over the years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.