RM Williams boots

Heartbreaklane

War Hero
RM Williams boots are now the Australian Army standard issue parade boot so I got mine for free and am well pleased with them.
Really? Very nice. I have a black pair for work and tan pair for drinking.

Baxter’s and Harold’s are both still handmade in country towns in Aus. Much better value and quality.
Another vote for Baxter's. My oldest pair are on their umpteenth set of soles, but the original uppers have been going for 40 years, and still polish up wonderfully. I've also used their bespoke service, albeit some years ago; quick and not expensive.

I would have recommended Morrison's of Euroa as an overall outfitter, but it appears they may no longer be in business.

Last edited:
Another vote for Baxter's. My oldest pair are on their umpteenth set of soles, but the original uppers have been going for 40 years, and still polish up wonderfully. I've also used their bespoke service, albeit some years ago; quick and not expensive.

I would have recommended Morrison's of Euroa as an overall outfitter, but it appears they may no longer be in business.
Try Airds of Lochinvar for anything Australian country.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Popped in the Outlet Centre in Fyshwick on the weekend and the RM Williams shop is gone.
Bummer, that's not good. The boots in the main mall in town aren't too far of UK prices, the outlet had decent savings. I should have taken the plunge last year.

Bummer, that's not gy
Bummer, that's not good. The boots in the main mall in town aren't too far of UK prices, the outlet had decent savings. I should have taken the plunge last year.
ood. The boots in the main mall in town aren't too far of UK prices, the outlet had decent savings. I should have taken the plunge last year.
If you are travelled around Aus there is an R M outlet shop at harbour town just next to Adelaide airport

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer

If you are travelled around Aus there is an R M outlet shop at harbour town just next to Adelaide airport
Sadly I'll be limited to Canberra, Sydney and a very rapid dash to Melbourne in my next two visits. Must look at Melbourne, astounded if there isn't an outlet there. (Edited: indeed there is and helpfully right by the airport too)

Last edited:
I wear RMs for work every day the old factory in Percy st just north of Adelaide are very helpful and very knowledgable. A couple of times over the years when I have gone to them with a completely trashed pair of boots that were beyond repair they have given me a very good reduction on a new pair. When I have to wear safety boots on a large unionised site and can't get away with my RMs I wear blue heelers which are very comfortable and have wider steel toe caps than any others o have tried
My shoe size is13 EEEE (an extra Wide 12 in AU) and the Redback steel toes have always felt like a fluffy trainer/tennis shoe. Have you tried them? Interested to know if there is any diff between their Chelsea steel toes.

Latest Threads