RM Williams boots

foxs_marine

War Hero
Anyone had their resoled? AIUI Timpson's can do this but...
Timpsons do repairs, my local one does rubber soles & heels. More complicated stuff goes to Timpson's elite unit for repair - they also do Timberland repairs there, good quality work too, Timberland endorse them.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
RM Williams store Taylor street Toowoomba,blackboots like the ones pictured 270$ a pair, great boots ,their polishes and saddle soaps are reasonable prices in store.
I'm scouring my address book for Relo's and mukkers who have joined the RAN as I type.....

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
succumbed to cracks at the end of the toecap, just behind the reinforced bit..
When I showed the people in Canberra mine with similar splits they said when repaired by them that is addressed and would be invisible. Triggers broom sprang to mind for some reason.

foxs_marine

War Hero
When I showed the people in Canberra mine with similar splits they said when repaired by them that is addressed and would be invisible. Triggers broom sprang to mind for some reason.
Thanks, that's handy to know for the future, just in case.

pinback2001

Old-Salt
Very nice BB. I bought a brown pair in a charity shop donkey's years ago and used them until they were in bits. I am waiting for my £85 Hogg's to wear out and will then get RMW's without a second thought. For work I wear another pair of Hogg's with steel toecaps but know that RMW's will be like slippers compared to anything else (and may even see me out)! A great choice chap...
Steel capped Hogg's of Fife are my everyday wear. I have a well worn and ratty pair for wandering the forests and a nice new greasy pair for day-to-day. I'd like a pair of these RMW's, but I fear the price is beyond my miserly nature!

Steel capped Hogg's of Fife are my everyday wear.
I was given a pair of "City Knights" brogue shoes they where £19.99 on offer from screwfix

Honesty the best safety shoe I've every had, they split the stitching on the sides by bending in them,

But the comfort given by the really good insoles & inner fabric is way better than the price of the item

I'm currently wearing Screwfix "Site" Dealer boots for work. £25 IRRC

I've had them a number of years, but only worn them when I could not get away from wearing safety shoes

They rubbed on the top of the foot & where painful to drive in & felt heavy

After a very long time, they where broken in enough to wear all day, every day,

Last week I left them out overnight in the rain, after 2 days they where damp but dry enough to wear.

I think there made by Dickies so ordered a pair of cheap DIckies Safety dealer boots just under £25

When fully dry they looked a dusty grey colour, so I brushed on heavy coat of kiwi, left it to dry & polished up with a brush

They now look better than new, I've never bothered to polish safety boots before, It where raining on Sunday, they've been digging the roads up street lighting & traffic lights, so I wore my shiny work shoes down the pub ;)

Didn't read the thread but what size did he take? For a friend of course.

Have to say R M Williams are not my choice of outback footwear. They’re now a global brand owned by a private equity company. There’s bugger all connection to the image they portray.

Baxter’s and Harold’s are both still handmade in country towns in Aus. Much better value and quality.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm currently wearing Screwfix "Site" Dealer boots for work. £25 IRRC

I've had them a number of years, but only worn them when I could not get away from wearing safety shoes

They rubbed on the top of the foot & where painful to drive in & felt heavy

After a very long time, they where broken in enough to wear all day, every day,

Last week I left them out overnight in the rain, after 2 days they where damp but dry enough to wear.

I think there made by Dickies so ordered a pair of cheap DIckies Safety dealer boots just under £25

When fully dry they looked a dusty grey colour, so I brushed on heavy coat of kiwi, left it to dry & polished up with a brush

They now look better than new, I've never bothered to polish safety boots before, It where raining on Sunday, they've been digging the roads up street lighting & traffic lights, so I wore my shiny work shoes down the pub ;)
For work I now use a pair of Hogg's elastic sided boots with steel toecaps. About £29 and comfortable for a low-end product.

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Have to say R M Williams are not my choice of outback footwear. They’re now a global brand owned by a private equity company. There’s bugger all connection to the image they portray.

Baxter’s and Harold’s are both still handmade in country towns in Aus. Much better value and quality.
Can you provide links, please?

Can you provide links, please?
Baxter Boots & Shoes |. Their Waterford Wellies should suit you fine......seriously though, they are based in Goulburn sort of half way between Sydney and Canberra. The shopfront there is a lot old fashioned but they’ll make you bespoke boots.

Harold boot, mens leather boots, ladies leather boots, equestrian boots, work boots, horse riding boots, farm boots, Australian Boots Been around over 130 years. Their website was built in the Stone Age.

Bum, you had my Hope's up.

I was in Canberra earlier this year and almost bought some there but wavered and then was shocked to find repairing mine would be 8 weeks. I'm going back in Sep and think I'll buy and get the repair done. They also have an outlet which is luck of the draw.
Looking online the shop at the Canberra Outlet Centre in Fyshwick appears to have gone. I'll be over there on Sunday and see what I can find. I bought my pair there a number of years back and wear them daily.

There's also a few shops in Canberra where RMs are available. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Last edited:
I wear RMs for work every day the old factory in Percy st just north of Adelaide are very helpful and very knowledgable. A couple of times over the years when I have gone to them with a completely trashed pair of boots that were beyond repair they have given me a very good reduction on a new pair. When I have to wear safety boots on a large unionised site and can't get away with my RMs I wear blue heelers which are very comfortable and have wider steel toe caps than any others o have tried

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Looking online the shop at the Canberra Outlet Centre in Fyshwick appears to have gone. I'll be over there on Sunday and see what I can find. I bought my pair there a number of years back and wear them daily.

There's also a few shops in Canberra where RMs are available. Are you looking for anything in particular?
I'll be in Canberra in Nov, I'll pop into the outlet and the city store in the Mall. I want a pair of black boots with the synthetic sole and my original boots refurbished.

Latest Threads