RM Williams boots

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
I've just recently bought a pair of Comfort Craftsmen boots, in black.

Third pair of RMs I've owned, previous two being workboots and relatively cheap at about £120 a pair.

They seem to be notably well put together, and the leather feels first rate. I've invested in their own leather dressing and the new boots came with a tin of own brand polish, which seems excellent, as is their saddle and leather dressing, which I used to use on field boots.

I think they look kinda neat, too.

Anyone else a fan?

1557347752867.png

Men's Handcrafted Leather Boots | R.M.Williams®

HE117

LE
Oh yess..

I have worn Lachlan Boots for decades.. I wear them almost continually and they last for years! I always have a spare pair in reserve, which often sit for a year or so until the current ones finally wear out..

Last edited:
Why do you need "work boots"?

Do you use a particulary harsh or aggresive browser?
Does your Macbook Pro have a bit of an attitude problem?

:)

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Anyone had their resoled? AIUI Timpson's can do this but...

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone had their resoled? AIUI Timpson's can do this but...
I'm s huge fan, bought my pair 20+ years ago, timpsons resoling is awful but the official alternative is hugely expensive but worth it.

Where did you get them for £120? Even in Aus they're $5-700 a pair (iirc)

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm s huge fan, bought my pair 20+ years ago, timpsons resoling is awful but the official alternative is hugely expensive but worth it.

The Mallee workbooks, first pair twelve or so years ago, Brisbane airport; second pair six, seven years ago, RMW shop New Bond Street.
Latest pair, Craftsman, £350

proper "Jimmy's boots" them are :)

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
The Mallee workbooks, first pair twelve or so years ago, Brisbane airport; second pair six, seven years ago, RMW shop New Bond Street.
Latest pair, Craftsman, £350
Bum, you had my Hope's up.

I was in Canberra earlier this year and almost bought some there but wavered and then was shocked to find repairing mine would be 8 weeks. I'm going back in Sep and think I'll buy and get the repair done. They also have an outlet which is luck of the draw.

Bum, you had my Hope's up.

I was in Canberra earlier this year and almost bought some there but wavered and then was shocked to find repairing mine would be 8 weeks. I'm going back in Sep and think I'll buy and get the repair done. They also have an outlet which is luck of the draw.
Miss-placed apostrophe!! You're dead to me now.

Leave the site immediately and rejoin under another username!

Do they do them in patent leather?

Lazy mobile phone auto correct. It's past 10pm I'm off the clock.
Auto-correct, back pockets..submarine hatches...

Sloppy drills, Sir!

Latest Threads