RM Walt

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by redchad, May 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. clearly coo coo by the look of it !
  2. I thought ALL RMs were walts?
  3. A conman masqueraded as a Royal Marine to pocket cash in a charity scam.

Liam Kissane, 28, exploited public support for the armed forces by pretending to be a commando seeking donations for the Help For Heroes charity.

He toured pubs and shopping centres around Greater Manchester with collection boxes and charity wristbands, taking hundreds of pounds in donations – and kept it himself. But he was rumbled by pensioner Ian Smith, from Ashton under Lyne, who spotted he was not wearing military-issue boots.

Police arrested Kissane and found he had £300 in coins in his rucksack.

Kissane appeared in court yesterday after admitting fraud – but we can reveal offence – for Kissane is a serial conman who has committed a number of similar scams.

Under the name Graham Eckerman he was jailed in 2004 after posing as a Royal Marine who had been awarded the Victoria Cross so he could cheat people in Scotland

In that scam, he pretended that he was raising £20,000 to send a friend’s terminally ill son on holiday.

Also in 2004 he carried out a £985 fraud with a stolen bank card and was jailed for six months after pretending to be a Royal Marine and demanding free rail travel.

Eckerman, originally from Scotland, moved to Manchester and changed his name to Liam Kissane after a fictional army hero in a novel by Australian writer Matthew Reilly.

He stayed in backpackers’ hostels while touring pubs wearing a Royal Marine’s uniform and carrying Help For Heroes collection boxes and wristbands. Kissane also used fake armed forces identity cards.

Kissane claimed in court that he had been keeping the money he collected until he found out how to send it to Help For Heroes.

But Judge Jonathan Geake dismissed his claims. He said: “It is very clear from the evidence that I can be satisfied that this was yet another scam being tried by him as a way of making money for himself.

“He was no doubt clever enough to realise that if he kept a separate stash of money in his belongings, he could say ‘I was genuinely collecting for charity and this is what I’ve saved so far’.”

The judge also quoted a psychological report into Kissane which said he wore uniforms as a form of escape and that he ‘would feel like a different person, could hide within view and would be treated differently, with respect and admiration’.

The report concluded that it became an obsession and that ‘every second thought was about uniforms’.

Kissane admitted fraud, possessing false identification documents and making art for use in a fraud.

He will be sentenced next month.

sod the civvy boots - he's wearing a Rifles beret!

Attached Files:

4. You're not on form today are you BM

He's basically a blagging thief. I'm suprised being in Manchester it took so long to get pinged

Royal would never go wandering round ashore in rig. Its gash pongo drills :D

If you do see Royal in rig in public, he's probably smashing the fcuk out of another Royal in a chad "hand to hand" WWF wrestling demo, with lots of shouting COME ON THEN and winking at the girl guides and schoolies

Don't get outraged on Royals behalf, its a big world and there are plenty of c0cks out there, you'll get all tired and teary if you type angry
  5. Looking at this within another angle, to be fair I'm surprised this is'nt happening more regulary considering how much the armed Forces are being covered by the media,

Charities are regulary attending fairs, sporting events and other functions and this type of thing is very limited, although these con-artists will choose whatever disguise works best for them to achieve maximum profit,

Walts in society are not new, although a different form of court punishment maybe more favourable for the general public than just a fine OR community service/payback schemes.
  6. fcuk the civvy boots, why's he wearing 2Div flashes.................
  7. Gimp, You're right matey. I am currently under the dark shadow of........MAN FLU!! my judgment is obviously clouded. This is an appaulling act of theft through deceipt. Hope the punishment reflects this!

8. I think the way he has packed his bergen might have given him away....
  9. He has a history far worse than this under his last name of Graham Eckerman. Check his arrsepedia page. I'd do a link, but can't sort it from here.
  10. ... and it looks like his bergan is 'packed' ready for an ACF camping trip. WTF is going on with the sleeping bag?
  11. I love this bit...
    The judge also quoted a psychological report into Kissane which said he wore uniforms as a form of escape and that he ‘would feel like a different person, could hide within view and would be treated differently, with respect and admiration’

Officially diagnosed as a walt!!!!!
  12. I think this IS happening far more than people realise. The public in general are woefully ignorant when it comes to distinguishing what's real and what's not. Certainly the police are not geared up for this type of fraud, and a lot of bobbies would struggle themselves to spot a walt fraud. I may do a bit of digging at work to see how many crimes of this sort have been committed in the past 12 mths. I would be willing to bet a hell of a lot more go unreported.
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

14. Nevermind the 2 Div TF, the Commando Flashes are the sort worn on the wooly pulley. He's a cock, isn't he the serial 'lost some good' friends fraudster?