RM make a little trip into Somalia

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by allyjs, Oct 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

HMS Ipod sails into yet another non story

2. Why does the daily hate call all Uk armed forces" elite turbo nutter speshul forces"........"elite RAF regiment.......Elite RLC stackers".....ffs

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Because they are lying, bastard journo's. Daily Heil makes up most of its stories anyway. Look and see how many headlines don't include the phrases 'immigrant', 'Single parent', 'EU Mandarins' & 'fat cat bosses'.

It could be worse though, they could have used their most favourite yet inappropriate military 'elite' phrase - 'Elite Red caps'.

4. I still think there is some mileage in my idea of a modern version of Big Game Hunting - luxury fully catered "Safaris" into Somali with guaranteed opportunities for some stalking. " Bearer, pass me the Javelin, I can see a Technical".

• Like Like x 9
  5. Immigrant single mothers
    have sex with eu mandarins,
    fat cat bosses and
    elite red cap heroes

• Like Like x 4
  6. Just found the granuad version - evil baby killer british soldiers invade peace loving somalia, murder hundreds of potential very nice hard working law abiding
    illigal immigrants and render tribal chief for torture in afghanistan! The sooner we are ruled by a muslim/EU alliance the better as these evil goings on
    will be stopped

• Like Like x 1
  7. Must dig my hat out!

8. Did they ever find the British woman that was kidnapped in Kenya by Somalians?

9. Do you mean the French woman that was disabled and riddled with cancer?
    If so she is no longer with us.

10. No I think this one was the week before - they shot her husband and kidnapped her.

11. From the linked article

"It is known that British Special Forces in the region have been involved in gathering intelligence on pirates and on Al-Shabaab, which is suspected of being behind the kidnap of Briton Judith Tebbutt, 56, from a Kenyan island resort last month.

Mrs Tebbutt’s husband, David, 58, was shot dead during the kidnap, which happened after bandits landed by boat at the resort near Somalia’s border with Kenya.

Mrs Tebbutt’s whereabouts are currently not known."

12. No, the British one - the one who's husband was killed.