RM make a little trip into Somalia

Why does the daily hate call all Uk armed forces" elite turbo nutter speshul forces"........"elite RAF regiment.......Elite RLC stackers".....ffs

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Because they are lying, bastard journo's. Daily Heil makes up most of its stories anyway. Look and see how many headlines don't include the phrases 'immigrant', 'Single parent', 'EU Mandarins' & 'fat cat bosses'.

It could be worse though, they could have used their most favourite yet inappropriate military 'elite' phrase - 'Elite Red caps'.

I still think there is some mileage in my idea of a modern version of Big Game Hunting - luxury fully catered "Safaris" into Somali with guaranteed opportunities for some stalking. " Bearer, pass me the Javelin, I can see a Technical".

because they are lying, bastard journo's. Daily heil makes up most of its stories anyway. Look and see how many headlines don't include the phrases 'immigrant', 'single parent', 'eu mandarins' & 'fat cat bosses'.

It could be worse though, they could have used their most favourite yet inappropriate military 'elite' phrase - 'elite red caps'.
Immigrant single mothers
have sex with eu mandarins,
fat cat bosses and
elite red cap heroes

Just found the granuad version - evil baby killer british soldiers invade peace loving somalia, murder hundreds of potential very nice hard working law abiding
illigal immigrants and render tribal chief for torture in afghanistan! The sooner we are ruled by a muslim/EU alliance the better as these evil goings on
will be stopped

Did they ever find the British woman that was kidnapped in Kenya by Somalians?

No I think this one was the week before - they shot her husband and kidnapped her.

From the linked article

"It is known that British Special Forces in the region have been involved in gathering intelligence on pirates and on Al-Shabaab, which is suspected of being behind the kidnap of Briton Judith Tebbutt, 56, from a Kenyan island resort last month.

Mrs Tebbutt’s husband, David, 58, was shot dead during the kidnap, which happened after bandits landed by boat at the resort near Somalia’s border with Kenya.

Mrs Tebbutt’s whereabouts are currently not known."

No, the British one - the one who's husband was killed.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Just found the granuad version - evil baby killer british soldiers invade peace loving somalia, murder hundreds of potential very nice hard working law abiding
illigal immigrants and render tribal chief for torture in afghanistan! The sooner we are ruled by a muslim/EU alliance the better as these evil goings on
will be stopped
The Sun version will be along in the morning.

"OUR BOYS INVADE SOMALLIA"
The Goverment today caved in to a demand from the Sun to go to Somallia and bash some Pirates.
Backed by the Forces favorite paper the elite marine commandoes stomed ashore.

Marines in Cross Dressing shame.
Whislt storming ashore it was noticed some of the Marines were carrying dresses.
Do you know these cross dressing perverts
Help us destroy their careers with unfounded allegations
Are you an ex wife did he hit you or get drunk and wear your clothes ring 0845 ..........

Andy_S

LE
Book Reviewer
Gentlemen:

The better and more objective the journalism - for eg, wire news copy - the fewer the adjectives and adverbs. Reporters are meant to (used to?) report facts, not their own emotions or opinions.

The key to reading stories in British newspapers is to cut the non-factual descriptors out. A more factual reading of the first three grafs of the Mail story - with ed notes from yrs truly - would read like this:

SNIP
Royal Marine commandos made a landing on Somalia’s shores to seize a tribal leader, the Daily Mail can reveal.

(Editorial note: I'd question "seize")

In an operation in an area teeming with bandits and pirates, Royal Marines launched Viking armoured vehicles from landing craft and pushed inland to pick up the chief.

(Editorial note: How many marines? How far inland? Pls note difference between "seize" in lede graf, and "pick up" in second. Which one is it?)

The landing comes at a time in the East African country as Al Qaeda-linked groups are training terror recruits and pirates are holding more than 100 hostages after seizing their boats.

(Editorial note: We need context re the AQ-linked groups. Is this fact or hearsay? If the latter, who or what is the source? If we are not sure, at least add "allegedly" to clue in our readers that this is not hard fact.)
SNIP

Of course, better journalism also includes the who/what/when/where with precise figures - how many marines? How far inland? etc.

Still, I hope the guide above proves useful to those reading tabloids.