RM in Helmand

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Social_Handgrenade, Nov 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interview without coffee followed by posting to Antarctica?

Link

Apologies if already covered

2. He's got nuts mate. How many times have we actually wanted to say something like that to the press/ senior officer / politician when you get more than 2 mins with them ?

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Which, translated to MOD-speak, means: "MOD have told the commander that his view is to be that he has enough kit for the mission."

4. Agree completely, big brass swingers. However, can't help but get the feeling he's just screwed up any further chance of promotion

5. I dont get this bit:

so it might have prevented his injuries but not his death? how? misquote or does someone not understand that death in this kind of incident is usually caused by some kind of 'injury'?

6. I was just about to post exactly the same thing. Surely that statement really doesn't make any sense?

7. Think it's just another example of poor journalism/linguistics by the hack!

8. How many more threads on this topic ???

9. I'd love to see the rules waived for one night and several senior MOD bods plus the Tony's - phoney and swiss - face an audience of SERVING personnel, live on TV and ref'd by Dimbleby. Damaging their image is the only thing these people respond to, sadly.

Good drills Sgt Brown.

10. Look here