RM casualty becomes 300th Afghanistan fatality

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FourZeroCharlie, Jun 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A horrid milestone that was bound to hit home sooner or later. Rest in Peace, my thoughts are with all the family and friends of those lost.

2. rest in peace fella!

my best mate just got back last weekend but hard to be to happy about it when there lads that are not coming home

3. RIP.

4. RIP.

Sadly a number today will mean more than the sacrifice.

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Rest in Peace Royal

a sad milestone

6. RIP.. :(

7. Rest In Peace 'Royal'.

8. RIP

Popped into Wootton Bassett for some bits and pieces today and spent time at the memorial in the High Street. I used to love watching the C17 swoop into RAF Lyneham, not any more, every time I see it now, I know another repat is taking place. Terrible milestone today, just heard on the news that the first 100 deaths took four years, the next 100, 14 months and the last hundred deaths just 10 months.

9. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Rest In Peace.

10. 300 of our finest now dead, and the thousands more with life changing injuries who will need professional help for the rest of their lives in some cases!
    These sort of casualty figures are the equivalent of several major terrorist attacks here in the U.K ..... So much for keeping terrorism off the streets of Britain!
    The question now has to be asked ..... What have we achieved in the 9 years of occupation in Afghanistan ??
    Our Governments ideology on Afghanistan is madness.

11. Are there any figures for suicide among the veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan? I know of one at least, a good bloke who had probably done too many tours already and could just see a relentless cycle of more tours in his future. RIP Boycey.

12. Of the 300, the breakdown of fatalities by service is 242 from the Army, 41 from the Royal Marines, 17 from the Royal Air Force and a clean sheet for the Royal Navy.

R.I.P