RM afgan medals stolen

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tac1, Nov 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Paul at BMF

I have today been contacted by the investigating officer in the MOD police with regards 30 but possibly 60 stolen OSM's clasp "Afghanistan" stolen from the Royal Marines. Phil has also published an excellent article in Medal News with the names.
    If anyone knows or thinks they know of the whereabouts of any of the medals please contact DC Debbie Kirby on
    deborah.corby192@mdpga.mod.uk

This is an opportunity for us to put medals back on chests were they belong. I would be happy for members to cut and paste this and post on as many web sites as possible I am not hopeful but lets see what we can do before the 11 November.

Keep your eyes peeled chaps.

2. Will do. Cheers for the heads up.

Have you informed Ebay yet?

3. I am the guy that posted this on BMF, thanks tac1 , the names and details of the stolen medals are as follows,

OSM – Afghanistan clasp

Alaimo
    Bartlett
    Bennett
    Bruce
    Buchan
    Bussell
    Davies
    Downie
    Harris
    Hill
    Myers*
    Nye
    Taylor
    Packham
    Percival
    Smith
    Thomas
    Thomson
    Williams
    Wilson
    Wray
    Wright**
    Youngs

Iraq Medal

Arnold
    Myers*
    Spenceley
    Strickson
    Wright**

RN LS&GC Medal

Dennis
    Southwell-Owen

ACSM

Staff

Happy for any website to be informed, also if any MOD staff watching can assist as regimental numbers will not be released to the MOD plod or collectors, if anyone does not want to contact MOD plod direct happy to take pm's

4. Sincerely hope they are retrieved. If not, will the recipients receive another medal with 'replacement' marked on it i wonder. Seems unfair if they do.

5. These medals were stolen from the barracks and the final total may be close to 60 they are most likely either in collections waiting to be sold or in shops etc, I have been told that most likely they are in the midlands, any sighting of a boxed OSM to the booties, please contact Debbie or me, thanks again

6. Some absoulte bar steward had away my medals when they were in our Tailors' Shop. I only wish I could find out who did it, as I now have 'R' marked replacements.

I posted on two medal collecting Yahoo groups- may be worth a try?

7. Post on E-Bay, if you put all names etc, that does block a route of sale.

8. I've cross-posted this to Rear Party and Rum Ration.

9. Fellas, any sniff of news can you please pm me.

regards

Barry

10. On the other hand, it may discourage people from listing them. eBay may well be a good way to track them down?

11. I was reliably informed many moons ago that it will only have replacement on the medal if it has been issued and then lost, stolen etc. If it has been misplaced before issue to the soldier it will still appear as original issue.