RLC unit winning a Mil Competition?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jun 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone fill in the details?

2. Which contest and what year?
  3. COS LAND 2009?
  4. London district GOC cup 2010.
  5. Obviously the only entrants :wink:
  6. Thats the one.

How many in the team? Big effort, etc etc?

7. IIRC Happened in the mid 80's when they won Martial Merlin. In the previous umpteen years 4 PARA teams were coming 1,2,3, & 4th so they kept changing the weighting on the events until getting a big score on the night shoot meant you were virtually guaranteed to win if you just completed all the other events.

Seems that driving around with the lights off does help with some things.
  8. The National Ginsters Loyalty Cup ;)
  9. Was there extra points for sown in creases in tightly tailored combat trousers :wink:
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No but the "potted sports" featured quite highly.

Sadly, I am not kidding. Military competition requiring teams to field football teams? No thanks.
  11. There was eight in a team. The mill skill was a one day event with assault course, six mile march and four stands. Separate shooting and sport team events.
  12. I take it your team didn't win :D Whatever next, Sigs looking like soldiers. :twisted:

Although the post after yours does imply a RLC team completed an assault course, not just a obstacle, which sounds fishy
  13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Strangely enough I declined the GOCs kind invitation as we had something more important to do that weekend. I can't remember what it was, but whatever it was it was more important than that waste of rations and MTDs.
  14. The street dance stand was nails as well.
  15. So how much training did Ginster's Own put into this?