RLC unit winning a Mil Competition?

IIRC Happened in the mid 80's when they won Martial Merlin. In the previous umpteen years 4 PARA teams were coming 1,2,3, & 4th so they kept changing the weighting on the events until getting a big score on the night shoot meant you were virtually guaranteed to win if you just completed all the other events.

Seems that driving around with the lights off does help with some things.

The_Duke

LE
No but the "potted sports" featured quite highly.

Sadly, I am not kidding. Military competition requiring teams to field football teams? No thanks.

Bravo_Bravo said:
saladdoger said:
London district GOC cup 2010.
Thats the one.

How many in the team? Big effort, etc etc?

BB
There was eight in a team. The mill skill was a one day event with assault course, six mile march and four stands. Separate shooting and sport team events.

The_Duke said:
Sadly, I am not kidding. Military competition requiring teams to field football teams? No thanks.
I take it your team didn't win :D Whatever next, Sigs looking like soldiers. :twisted:

Although the post after yours does imply a RLC team completed an assault course, not just a obstacle, which sounds fishy

The_Duke

LE
polar said:
The_Duke said:
I take it your team didn't win :D Whatever next, Sigs looking like soldiers. :twisted:

Although the post after yours does imply a RLC team completed an assault course, not just a obstacle, which sounds fishy
Strangely enough I declined the GOCs kind invitation as we had something more important to do that weekend. I can't remember what it was, but whatever it was it was more important than that waste of rations and MTDs.

polar said:
The_Duke said:

The street dance stand was nails as well.

Doesn't surprise me.

151 Tpt Regt RCT always did bloody well at the LONDIST shooting meet prior to Bisley(TA), but then again they had an awful lot of recoil absorption material!

Yes they did

151 Transport Regt RLC was victorious at the GOCs competition winning quite a lot including the military skills comp, and a jolly well done to the loggies

I would also like to thank 151 Transport Regt RLC for organising and running the event

err hang on, nah must be a coincidence

However I would like to mention a couple of minor points about the mil skills comp, like the RLC team overtaking teams on the round robin, which surprised us as last year you were penalised if you turned up early for a stand, oh how we laughed to discover that we were timed, funny the DS forgot to mention that small fact.

The stands were interesting, the 2 command tasks were fine but have a little issue with the VCP and BCD stands

Apprently in a contact when administering BCD its normal on ops to have a fat munter gobbing off DS points next to you.

And the RLC DS actions on discovering an IED are, how can I put it, erm perplexing ? will that do. Apprently on ops if you stop a vehicle when the IED threat is high and see an AK and a box with wires hanging out of it on the back seat through the window, the actions are to

1. DO NOT back away from the vehicle,
2. DO NOT set up a corden
3. DO NOT call ATO/EOD to your location
4. DO approach the vehicle.
5. DO Search the vehicle thoroughly and just take a note of anything that might be a little blowy up
6. DO simply write down what you saw and tell the nearest overweight cab jockey what you found

S

stabradop

Gremlin said:
Doesn't surprise me.

151 Tpt Regt RCT always did bloody well at the LONDIST shooting meet prior to Bisley(TA), but then again they had an awful lot of recoil absorption material!
I can vouch for that, being my old unit, was on the shooting team back in 2000 at Pirbright. A fair amount of recoil absorption materiel was in evidence :lol:

wellyhead said:
And the RLC DS actions on discovering an IED are, how can I put it, erm perplexing ? will that do. Apprently on ops if you stop a vehicle when the IED threat is high and see an AK and a box with wires hanging out of it on the back seat through the window, the actions are to

1. DO NOT back away from the vehicle,
2. DO NOT set up a corden
3. DO NOT call ATO/EOD to your location
4. DO approach the vehicle.
5. DO Search the vehicle thoroughly and just take a note of anything that might be a little blowy up
6. DO simply write down what you saw and tell the nearest overweight cab jockey what you found

Said Loggie to be used as a ICEBD*??

*Improvised Counter Explosive Baffle Device