rlc "twat cap" wanted

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sharkie, Dec 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i am looking to buy a rlc peak cap (twat cap) as i am getting married in my number ones in april and i need a decent hat as the one i got from a web site looked wrong as the peak isnt on the hat straight. so i sent it back to be told that he only stocks hats with imperfections.!
    so i am after a replace ment.
    any help greatly appreciated

2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Why didn't you keep the knackered one and exchange it for a new one in the stores?

Try asking in the RLC forum aswell.

3. Try 'Outstanding'. He might have one. He's a Loggie.

4. i cant exchange it as my unit is a med reg and they dont stock rlc hats.
    they are issued to all logies, as they are only used with number ones

5. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

No, they're not as a normal issue. I believe some units hold them to be issued on a temporary basis. Solutions:

1. Get down to Deepcut and pop into the QM's shop (old uniforms in there - many good bargains to be had).
    2. Get to your own QMs and see if the RQ can get in touch with an RLC unit for you (I am assuming that there will be one within a driveable distance).
    3. Contact the Corps tailor at Deepcut (he's in the DRLC building) and hire one off him.
    4. Contact an approved military tailor (check the back of Soldier mag) - they sometimes have ones to hire/buy.

Try and avoid buying one new if you're only going to wear it once - a lot of money for limited use.

6. phone numbers for the corp tailor ?

7. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

Don't know off the top of my head - best bets are either 192, somewhere in the Sustainer or ask a young subbie (most of them owe him money!).

8. Why don´t you repair it yourself?Just cut the stitches at the side of the peak, re-align it,and sew it back together.Don´t `slash`the peak as that´s reserved for the wooden-tops? :twisted:

9. Alternatively, scrap the idea entirely and wear a beret. The wearing of said headwear in 1s is ally. Looking like Blakey out of On the Buses is most definitely not. Just make sure it's shaped accordingly though and not something akin to a Phase One first night in the showers job. T**t hats should be binned in favour of decent quality berets.