RLC Triangle

Some of our finest soldiers happen to be black you tosser.  And there are some fine ones in the RLC so I suggest you change your quote !  :mad:

Agreed. Sort it by close of play tomorrow or I will.

Offensive signature...... modified by me...

...at my request.

Yeah, well, er :-[....back to the original question...er..whadya mean nutsiest? ???  

All have much to offer...but take yer lead from the top man at the time and don't be going to work fer a plonker!  Personally, I prefer the Germany based Regiments as I find my conscience won't allow me to accept a full wage packet for only working from NAAFI break on a Monday until lunchtime Friday...but each to their own.. :-/

Wherever shiny arrse is, has been, or is sure to go. knob

The units as good as you make it as the saying goes

"If you build it they will come"

I never had a complaint when I ran a Squadron...Its all about attitude and ability.

Have a good attitude and bags of ability and everywhere is brilliant

The units as good as you make it
No its not! You make it sound like a caravaning holiday with your parents. Units are made or broken by a number of key personalities and they are dictated by DRLC / God. If a Unit is pump there is very little that most individuals can do except weather it out until people get posted!

Mate Ive heard you drip about the corp mag and drip about the units being shite, Are you one of those guys who when you first meet them on posting in instantly say something like "posted in unlucky" "its shit here" etc, If its **** and you dont like it get out.

Some people let it happen, some people make it happen......make it happen dude

And records post people in and out and beleive me soldiers make units not personalities

I'd never say anything that trite! I mean I'm glad it works for you: yoga, meditation....the Aitkins diet! I'm just not that blinkered to the reality of how crap things are Corps wide. I mean I know that to be like Linford you have to think like Linford, but no amount of PMA is going to alleviate how threaders I, like a lot of people, am at the moment.

Its my experience that people who dispense with rhetoric similar to yours tend to be part of the problem not part of the solution because they are so dismissive of any thing that is negative that nothing is every addressed.

Its never an issue about how shite things are, what leads to dripping is how much better it could be, or how with a minimum amount of thought and effort things could be improved.

I reserve my right to drip about the Corps rag (although it has gotten better recently) because the Sustainer represents the fundamental show over substance that we seem to plumb for as an organisation. Everything seems to be geared towards getting promoted, getting an MBE and securing that LE commision. There is no longer any requirement to be in touch with the lads below you, but to be in touch with the people above and frankly your "make it happen dude" make it sound like you fall into the latter category.

........and as for "If you don't like it get out" well thats the battle cry of the complete ******.

It's not the unit or location but the personalities running the place, one of the best units I was ever at was in the middle of Normandy Barracks in Sennelager (3 Tk Tptr Sqn RCT\RLC) but the people there made it a top posting. I was in a unit in Bulford which went from being a place where every worked 7 days a week on the road, for months on end and everyone loving every minute of it to have it turn into hell on earth just because the OC changed.
Sometimes it does not help when hopeless idiots get promoted and posted to spread their particular brand of nastyness to a wider audience though.

I agree with the sentiments of people not place. Some places it can take only one person to turn it all around, either positively or negatively. I am long enough in the tooth to have seen 8 go from being the "mighty 8" looked upon in awe by many, to just another ( but smaller) loggy regiment. Not even the CO could have changed that.

It does help if there is a lot of individual positivity, but everyone's efforts can be dammed by someone with a personal agenda hell bent on achiving it even if the long term will cost. Some should remember that those that were trodden on in the process of climbing to the top, are perhaps not so willing to catch them if they fall.

FAO Ford Clanker I think if you knew me you would realise that the one thing I care about the most is soldiers, I can assure you. Minumum effort to make things better whats stopping you making it better?

The only reason the corp mag isnt full of stuff for the lads is that the lads dont bother to contribute to it, any article written by soldiers nearly always makes it in there. The sustainer is written by its readers you are one of its readers (thats assuming you are in the one days pay scheme) get something in there.

And please dont be foolish enough to think that a LE commision or MBE is based on what you contribute to the mag. Perhaps one day you will be chasing the LE thing and I doubt you opinion will be what it is today.

Threaders? Ive been threaders most of my army carear but Id never give up and drip about it, theres plenty of people out there in a far worse position than me in both military and civilian life.

Me, my health, and I and everything esle is a bonus

The Corp rag simply demonstrates the heart of the issue and my beef is not with that per se. How often do you see COs photographed in a pose that they think casts them in some sort of heroic light. Lt Col such and such "addressing the Tps on the eve of war" (i.e HQ MT Sect becasue he never actually visited the lads) or a picture of some cheeser on a log race. Its what its all about - face waving, spin, sheen call it what you will. How many Sgt Majors now are of the old school don't **** with me cause I'm nails but I care about the boys approach compared with the lets sit on the OC / COs shoulder and dig out for my commission...........

The net result of this (returning to the thread) is that things are pretty pump. As a Corps we complete back to back Tours interspersed with pointless cold war style exercises that are only done so people can play with their train sets.

I would therefore like to reverse the thread and ask firstly if there are any Regts out there which are good; which people on the whole enjoy serving in? Secondly I would ask of these Regts is it because of key personalities or is it because of Trade, size, role, the badge they wear, location etc.

If you want a good regiment, try 11 EOD Regiment. OK, now I know I'll be met with a howl of derision about pagers, duties, returns and the undue influence certain individuals may or may not have, but I can wholeheartedly say it was the best posting I've ever had. That, I think, was down to the job, the small team nature and the people involved. There was a sense of purpose. Unfortunately its limited to mainly ATs and drivers with some sup spec posts as well. For those who are in the right ranks and trades, I'd always recommend it.

No mention of 7? I had a good time there, but bloody busy, which was nice!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jip Travolta RLC 16
Jip Travolta RLC 11
E RLC 63