Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RLC to para Reg

• See my post above.
  • You both have poor spelling / grammar.
  • You seem to know plenty about Arrse from long before you joined.
  • You have the same favourite military hardware.
  • You joined by pure coincidence a couple of days after Robme was banned.
I'm calling it. @Once.a.Pilgrim is @Robme.
By Military Hardware, do you mean the same Regiment? I was in the Glostershire Regiment. What regiment was he in?
Not that far back somebody was saying i have better spelling and Grammer that this Rob?
I have seen your post above, have you seen mine, Galla?
Look I dont intend to engage in further futile discussion with you, you are obviously a Troll with nothing better to do with your time.
I am not this Rob individual, but as somebody has suggested he was mentally insane, perhaps its was trolling like this which sent him that way.
I have never seen a case of bad manners such as yours, and clearly you are an idiot. I joined this site in good faith and yet on the 'senses of a spider' (I did get that right didn't I) you have decided that i am some phantom, based it would seem purely on my curiosity,
So i think i'd rather watch paint dry?

Not that far back somebody was saying i have better spelling and Grammer that this Rob?
Getting punched in the chest is better than getting punched in the face. It's still not good. PS - It's 'grammar'.
I have never seen a case of bad manners such as yours,
Then you have lived a sheltered life. I don't think I've been rude at all.
and clearly you are an idiot.
It's bad manners to insult someone.

One of our very highly regarded WO2 PSIs ( later RSM briefly) had not long been back from a highly kinetic tour. in Wr. Neal had been nearly killed by an RPG, and had a number of very close calls.

As well as being a big lump, he had - understandably - a bit of a short fuze.

In Dave's cookhouse in Pirbright a 4 PARA recruit muttered, as Neal went by, "hat".

I think he regretted it.
Its become a kind of mantra. For it is written down that other units shall be known as hats.
Its almost obligatory for Paras to say it, but as you mention, the results can be many and varied!
As long as noone goes home crying at the end of the day, lets keep the banter (and the scrapping) going!

Its become a kind of mantra. For it is written down that other units shall be known as hats.
Its almost obligatory for Paras to say it, but as you mention, the results can be many and varied!
As long as noone goes home crying at the end of the day, lets keep the banter (and the scrapping) going!
Try pointing out that Parachutists didn't actually capture Pegasus Bridge...

Hello Fat Cav, I am currently getting assistance over using the Internet, after my wife died last year. I'm not young and spritely like you lot. My Mentor (He's the teacher from the Adult learning Center who started to help me back last September) suggested that i join a site that would interest me. We spent a month or so looking at the site seeing if that was the case. In the end we decided that it seemed to fit the bill. Especially the lad from the French Foreign Legion, marvellous posts, very entertaining. My Tutor is Video Conferencing me, each week, and helping me if i have any questions.
This Rob fella that you have linked me to 'with suspicion', the only reason he came up was a previous poster thought i might be him? I then asked about being baned and mentioned that if a person got banned then how could they re-post. Having read the explanation i remarked that it wasn't really banning. Somebody else posted a really funny picture with that odious Greta girl on it.
Next, Paras or not, even they have to undertake selection to join the Regiment. I joined in 1958, perhaps when you were a twinkle in your fathers eye? Selection today as i understand, is nothing like selection back then. I shall treat your comment about 'incoherent', with the contempt that it deserves, unless of course you yourself joined. But I feel not. Paras are also not considered Special Forces, there is 1 battalion that supports them, but that doesn't make them so.
As Polyester said, and i assume you all follow, if somebody claims to be something then it is best to wait-a-while (That is what we called a certain type of Vine whilst in the Jungle, if you walked into it, you waited a while and it slowly withdrew) before you pass judgment on them? I have provided a brief summary of what i have done, and why i thought that Arrse would be a good place to start on a web-forum. I actually thought that as you are all ex-soldiers you might find life as a Soldier from my day somewhat interesting. In return there have been numerous posts about me and this Rob Galla. If you lot think i am mistaken about this site, just say so and i'll find another one to join? But i was unaware that there was a 'Selection' process? I am also unaware why you might think I am this chap? Please enlighten. Some drongo, actually rattled on about 'Spidey Senses', and this an ex-soldier, allegedly. So having Spiderman Ability is a reddy reckoner for judgement is it? You are aware that Spiderman is just a cartoon in a comic strip, aren't you? Are you a junior leader?
Perhaps what you need is a part of the site where people introduce themselves, like other sites do?

Finally, what is a Sock Puppet?
You are. You mental no-mark dick.

Hello Fat Cav, I am currently getting assistance over using the Internet, after my wife died last year. I'm not young and spritely like you lot. My Mentor (He's the teacher from the Adult learning Center who started to help me back last September) suggested that i join a site that would interest me. We spent a month or so looking at the site seeing if that was the case. In the end we decided that it seemed to fit the bill. Especially the lad from the French Foreign Legion, marvellous posts, very entertaining. My Tutor is Video Conferencing me, each week, and helping me if i have any questions.
This Rob fella that you have linked me to 'with suspicion', the only reason he came up was a previous poster thought i might be him? I then asked about being baned and mentioned that if a person got banned then how could they re-post. Having read the explanation i remarked that it wasn't really banning. Somebody else posted a really funny picture with that odious Greta girl on it.
Next, Paras or not, even they have to undertake selection to join the Regiment. I joined in 1958, perhaps when you were a twinkle in your fathers eye? Selection today as i understand, is nothing like selection back then. I shall treat your comment about 'incoherent', with the contempt that it deserves, unless of course you yourself joined. But I feel not. Paras are also not considered Special Forces, there is 1 battalion that supports them, but that doesn't make them so.
As Polyester said, and i assume you all follow, if somebody claims to be something then it is best to wait-a-while (That is what we called a certain type of Vine whilst in the Jungle, if you walked into it, you waited a while and it slowly withdrew) before you pass judgment on them? I have provided a brief summary of what i have done, and why i thought that Arrse would be a good place to start on a web-forum. I actually thought that as you are all ex-soldiers you might find life as a Soldier from my day somewhat interesting. In return there have been numerous posts about me and this Rob Galla. If you lot think i am mistaken about this site, just say so and i'll find another one to join? But i was unaware that there was a 'Selection' process? I am also unaware why you might think I am this chap? Please enlighten. Some drongo, actually rattled on about 'Spidey Senses', and this an ex-soldier, allegedly. So having Spiderman Ability is a reddy reckoner for judgement is it? You are aware that Spiderman is just a cartoon in a comic strip, aren't you? Are you a junior leader?
Perhaps what you need is a part of the site where people introduce themselves, like other sites do?

Finally, what is a Sock Puppet?
Oh FFS !

Please try harder.

One of our very highly regarded WO2 PSIs ( later RSM briefly) had not long been back from a highly kinetic tour. in Wr. Neal had been nearly killed by an RPG, and had a number of very close calls.

As well as being a big lump, he had - understandably - a bit of a short fuze.

In Dave's cookhouse in Pirbright a 4 PARA recruit muttered, as Neal went by, "hat".

I think he regretted it.
Except this never happened.

• See my post above.
  • You both have poor spelling / grammar.
  • You seem to know plenty about Arrse from long before you joined.
  • You have the same favourite military hardware.
  • You joined by pure coincidence a couple of days after Robme was banned.
I'm calling it. @Once.a.Pilgrim is @Robme.
I will add that the fantasist @Robme claimed:
I have recently discovered that I could as a 17 year old joined the Rhodesian Army, simply by applying at Rhodesia House in London
After mooching around a bit and a spell in the Rhodesian Army

Strange that they both mention the Rhodesian army in addition to all the other stuff.

It's like someone is regurgitating (and rehashing) their old talking points.

I am still open to the possibility that I'm wrong. Can anyone do an IP address check?

I will add that the fantasist @Robme claimed:

Strange that they both mention the Rhodesian army in addition to all the other stuff.

It's like someone is regurgitating (and rehashing) their old talking points.

I am still open to the possibility that I'm wrong. Can anyone do an IP address check?
Nah, I think you’ve cracked it. It’s got to be him.