RLC to para Reg

Good job they never found out about that else they'd have to fill everybody in.

Or they'd be devastated at the lack of respect.
When I was at 16X a few years ago (as a hat), Hereford were usually referred to as 'Super Hats' and RM as 'Sea Hats.'

Although I embraced my land-born credentials and did almost everything I could to antagonise the para trained master race.

"Give me 5, I just need to find my hat."
"iTs a BeReT!"
"Its an item of clothing that goes on your head, its a hat."

Last edited:
That’s all rather worrying.............

I’ve watched quite a few jet aircraft take off or land at Kemble, It’s lucky they never hit a train ;)
Equally lucky that a train never hit an arriving or departing jet aircraft too I guess.

The permanent way must play havoc with undercarriages. Announcements must be interesting too...

[Incomprehensible station announcement voice on platform speakers]

The Boeing 787 Dreamliner standing at platform two is the non stop service to Alicante. Passengers requiring onward travel to Benidorm should sit to the rear of the train, sorry, aircraft. Blah blah Thank you for travelling with us today and we look forward to seeing you again soon.​

[/Incomprehensible station announcement voice on platform speakers]

The Font of All Knowledge said:
Kemble railway station is a railway station that serves the village of Kemble in Gloucestershire, England. The station is on the Swindon to Gloucester "Golden Valley"line. Despite its rural location, Kemble station has a high number of passengers, due mainly to the proximity of Cirencester.
It Also said:
Cotswold Airport (IATA: GBA, ICAO: EGBP) (formerly Kemble Airfield) is a private general aviation airport, near the village of Kemble in Gloucestershire, England. Located 4.5 NM (8.3 km; 5.2 mi) southwest of Cirencester,

it was built as a Royal Air Force (RAF) station and was known as RAF Kemble. The Red Arrows aerobatics team was based there until 1983, and it is used for the storage and recycling of retired airliners, as well as flying schools, clubs and industry.

When I was at 16X a few years ago (as a hat), Hereford were usually referred to as 'Super Hats' and RM as 'Sea Hats.'
Thread drift...but true dit nonetheless...

In the mid 80's some of the Hereford Hooligans were known as "blades" (from being in sabre squadrons).

However to some of the Int Corps who had dealings with them they were known as "blunts"...

Blade - "I can't find Leeds castle on this map, you're Int, where is it?"

Int - "That is a map of Yorkshire mate, Leeds, sheet 289. Leeds Castle is in Kent, OS sheet 148. Here you go..."

There was even talk of a subversive cartoon strip - Blunt **** the Troublesome Trooper...

Those who were there at the time will know... ;)

I wanted to command a tank. They told me I was overqualified and ended up RMP. Quickly decided I was right, they were wrong. Absolutely refused to let me transfer, so after 88 days I claimed Discharge as a Statutory Right, told them where they could stick their truncheons and the sun didn't shine, and flounced.

Walked straight into the ACIO (after a couple of months chilling), told them I wanted to be a tank commander and don't mess me about this time. Met the legend Paddy Fox RIP (I'd have given you his obituary from the Torygraph which better describes the legend but it's behind a paywall).

Jobbed.
You still don’t get it do you? CVR(T) is not a tank!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thread drift...but true dit nonetheless...

In the mid 80's some of the Hereford Hooligans were known as "blades" (from being in sabre squadrons).

However to some of the Int Corps who had dealings with them they were known as "blunts"...

Blade - "I can't find Leeds castle on this map, you're Int, where is it?"

Int - "That is a map of Yorkshire mate, Leeds, sheet 289. Leeds Castle is in Kent, OS sheet 148. Here you go..."

There was even talk of a subversive cartoon strip - Blunt **** the Troublesome Trooper...

Those who were there at the time will know... ;)
When I was there the first time round, I arrived shortly after the Current CGS had taken over as Comd 16X. I have it on good authority that when he addressed one of the Para Bn, one of the questions he was asked (shouted from the back) was "So when are you going to do P-Company?!" He apparently took it in good humour.

Slime

LE
Edited. He still came from the Royal Anglians though. Wasn't Phil Neame originally from the RAF Regiment.
Lt Col H Jones VC. Devonshire and Dorset Regiment originally.

Slime

LE
Don't need them. It's in the int cell and not the NAAFI.
You didnt need to point out the bloody obvious either, but chose to :)

This is the int cell, no need to point out that tracked means tracked, or perhaps the joke went over your head?

Edited. He still came from the Royal Anglians though. Wasn't Phil Neame originally from the RAF Regiment.
He was indeed from RAF Regt and served 6 years before transferring.

The visitors book in the cookhouse use to have sign in's from the SAS and next to it was scribbled in " hat ".
Probably by some 18yr old spotty ******** with 8 months in green

This is the int cell, no need to point out that tracked means tracked, or perhaps the joke went over your head?
No joke didn't go over my head at all. Just like to be pedantic and then have fools commenting.

Slime

LE
No joke didn't go over my head at all. Just like to be pedantic and then have fools commenting.
Maybe you should have added a pedantic post then. :)

Oh, and don’t start re editing your post to cover your grammar and punctuation errors in the post you described comically (and after the fact) as pedantic.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Drop 200

Latest Threads