RLC to para Reg

The problem with socks, especially not very bright ones with Pinocchio syndrome, is they stick out like a sore thumb.

They don't even have the sense to wait a few weeks before trying to reinvent themselves, hoping they will somehow sneak under the radar.

Never happens.

The problem with socks, especially not very bright ones with Pinocchio syndrome, is they stick out like a sore thumb.

They don't even have the sense to wait a few weeks before trying to reinvent themselves, hoping they will somehow sneak under the radar.

Never happens.
Sore big toe, Shirley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me when we had them attached to us on one of the telics. The 7th Armoured Brigades Brigadiers new shiny expensive 'Desert Rat' sign was changed to desert hat within 24 hours.
Oh they were hilarious when they came to relieve us at the end of HERRICK 12. Everything suddenly became a sea of maroon, pre-grown tour tasches and pre-grown tour hair.

One bloke got off at the HLS with mad hair, bushy tasche, scrim scarf and a bayonet attached upside down on the front of his osprey (like a K-Bar in an 80s action movie), a little bit of digging.... one of the SO3s from Task Force Helmand, he would never leave the camp.

Bless 'em...

The_Duke

LE
Oh they were hilarious when they came to relieve us at the end of HERRICK 12. Everything suddenly became a sea of maroon, pre-grown tour tasches and pre-grown tour hair.

One bloke got off at the HLS with mad hair, bushy tasche, scrim scarf and a bayonet attached upside down on the front of his osprey (like a K-Bar in an 80s action movie), a little bit of digging.... one of the SO3s from Task Force Helmand, he would never leave the camp.

Bless 'em...
I could say the same for HOTO to 3 Cdo H12 to 13.

The rush to replace maroon with green and eagles with daggers was unbelievable. The green paint on the bird table in the Lash briefing room was still wet for morning orders because there was no way it could still be maroon the day after flag change.

The booty obsession with hygiene was great as the whole place went down with galloping D&V. The foot operated outside basins and gel were not clean enough for them. Instead, they all went to the nearest pod for running water, with a nice cross contamination and re infection area on the doors as they left.

plus ca change...

So joining the Regiment in 1958 during the Malayan campaign and serving in Borneo, Aden and Oman would suggest serving with them until at least 1976 when Op Storm finished.

But then says that he served around six years with the Regiment which would take us up to 1964, a year after the start of the Borneo campaign

When the Regiment left Malaya in 1959 they moved to Malvern for a few months before moving to Bradbury Lines Hereford in 1960.

Yet now has completed 30 years service and retired as a Major (QM) though not all in the Regiment.

Whats a PS at 21 Sqn? Presumably meant to be a PSI 21 SAS.

Coz? Thats a word used by the modern generation, not one educated in the forties or fifties.

I smell the ghost of Robme or the son of Robme.
Hi
    • My name is Bill Worthington, I am Brian’s tutor.
    • Once a Pilgrim apologises for flouncing off as he did yesterday (another modern word.) He might be 84 but I can assure you he doesn't live in ancient times. And even though he accounted for the information we had found out about Robme, due to our looking at the site prior, he felt that nobody was paying any attention to what he had previously written. Can I personally also note, and indeed ask you a question, did any of you join Arrse, without investigating in advance the site and what it had to offer? And then unburden yourselves in the way that many of you have?
    • I have put to him the various questions you have asked and this is his response.
    • He never suggested or meant to suggest that he served in the SAS for 30 years, he said he served altogether 30 years in the British Army. He did say he served for 6 years in the Special Air Service, in Borneo and Malaya. The regiment went to Aden and Oman he didn't, nor did he say so. Elements went from Malaya to Borneo as it was a British Colony, besides which he said he Joined in 1958. He said he joined the Glorious Glosters in 1956, after returning from Rhodesia. In Rhodesia he served with the Rhodesian Service Corps. He has indicated that when the SAS left Malvern they did not disappear overnight, but the transition took months. He did his Selection at Malvern, which is what he said. Air Dispatchers saved the day, and made living in the Jungle for weeks at a time possible, he hoped his comments reflected his gratitude of their role.
    • When he left that regiment, he worked at various positions with the Glosters, prior to serving with other regiments in a variety of roles. Back in the day there was a fear that the UK would be involved in places like Vietnam and many regiments thinking they would be called upon to so took advantage of Brian’s experience. Fortunately Mr. Wilson the Prime Minister vetoed Mr. Johnsons request. Eventually ending up as a Major RQMS, he did not say all his time was spent in the SAS or Gloster Regiments, that just didn't happen back then.
    • He is confused about the need to add SAS to his regiments, if you are all ex-army (and clearly some of you are not). If he was referring to the regiment for a single time, as in proper English and the use of, we would have added the SAS abbreviation, however after referring to them for the first time any subsequent need is superfluous. Thus 21 SAS then 21 Sqn, the same would apply to 1 Gloucestershire Regiment the 1st after its first use. I realise that for many young people today spelling and grammar is something usually beyond you. Brian has excellent use of english and grammar as I would expect in older clients.
    • 'Coz', are you being really serious? he lives in today’s society, where abbreviated language is something we all have grown up with. Please answer this what’s 'a catcher'? it was always used back in the 1940's and 50's. Can I say that if this is your evidence, please don't apply to become barristers will you
    • With regard to IP's I note that a Mod has said not, well he's leading you astray. If Robme is banned (rather than suspended) then the way to stop him/her would be to block the IP address? That would stop him making up a new email address or log in-name? Somebody suggested that taking a new name and email address would work, not really as the Web-site owner has access to IP addresses and can block that anyway at anytime? It’s something an IT professional could do in his sleep.
    • And what terrible advice would that be then? When we looked at robme's posts we could find nothing that he posted that was 'bad advice', just his account of his army service. We assumed he had transgressed some other hidden rule and that formed the bases of the advice about being banned.
    • When he gave a brief account of the transformation of the regiment into its eventual outcome today The Rifles. He also stated that if anybody had a question all they had to do was ask him, He received no questions about the formation of the Duke of Edinburgh's Royal Regiment, which was formed by the initial amalgamation of the Berkshire and the Wilshire Regiment. In 1991 the DERR amalgamated with the Glosters Regiment. Brian was well out of the Army by then and did not receive an invite to the 'Party'. Under Future Army Structure, in 2003, they were all rolled into The Rifles, which is what they are today. If you check (assuming any of you can read words of more than one syllable) you will find the current battalions of the Rifles are made up of many different county regiments.
  • Frankly I am ashamed that a band of ex-soldiers would turn on one of their own, on the word of somebody who possesses ‘Spidey Senses’. If this was the case, he would be the only arachnid who is able to use a keyboard? Spiderman is not real he is a cartoon character, as I suspect are those who tuned on him in the way you all did.
    The only notable exception being somebody called Polyester (what weird names you use), who did at least give him a chance at least to answer any questions. Shame on all of you. Clearly you don't bother with Poppies on Remembrance Sunday You dont have to worry about Brian returning, he will stick with the Breakfast Club, who as far as i'm aware don't do cartoonists. And i too will not be recommending anybody to take a dip into this disgusting mess of a web site. I am not sure what rules govern the use of web forums on the internet, but somebody needs to investigate this shower, that's for certain.

Last edited:
Excellent. A new one indeed.
Instead of a new User popping up to defend the tragic loser, the loser posts with a letter/email/note explaining the complete and utter bollocks posted before.

I'm quoting this post for posterity before it goes, along with our new SF hero user.

Edited to add - robme, you need to seek some serious mental health help. You're really Craaaaazy man!

Hi
    • Once a Pilgrim apologises for flouncing off as he did yesterday (another modern word.) He might be 84 but I can assure you he doesn't live in ancient times. And even though he accounted for the information we had found out about Robme, due to our looking at the site prior, he felt that nobody was paying any attention to what he had previously written. Can I personally also note, and indeed ask you a question, did any of you join Arrse, without investigating in advance the site and what it had to offer? And then unburden yourselves in the way that many of you have?
    • I have put to him the various questions you have asked and this is his response.
    • He never suggested or meant to suggest that he served in the SAS for 30 years, he said he served altogether 30 years in the British Army. He did say he served for 6 years in the Special Air Service, in Borneo and Malaya. The regiment went to Aden and Oman he didn't, nor did he say so. Elements went from Malaya to Borneo as it was a British Colony, besides which he said he Joined in 1958. He said he joined the Glorious Glosters in 1956, after returning from Rhodesia. In Rhodesia he served with the Rhodesian Service Corps. He has indicated that when the SAS left Malvern they did not disappear overnight, but the transition took months. He did his Selection at Malvern, which is what he said. Air Dispatchers saved the day, and made living in the Jungle for weeks at a time possible, he hoped his comments reflected his gratitude of their role.
    • When he left that regiment, he worked at various positions with the Glosters, prior to serving with other regiments in a variety of roles. Back in the day there was a fear that the UK would be involved in places like Vietnam and many regiments thinking they would be called upon to so took advantage of Brian’s experience. Fortunately Mr. Wilson the Prime Minister vetoed Mr. Johnsons request. Eventually ending up as a Major RQMS, he did not say all his time was spent in the SAS or Gloster Regiments, that just didn't happen back then.
    • He is confused about the need to add SAS to his regiments, if you are all ex-army (and clearly some of you are not). If he was referring to the regiment for a single time, as in proper English and the use of, we would have added the SAS abbreviation, however after referring to them for the first time any subsequent need is superfluous. Thus 21 SAS then 21 Sqn, the same would apply to 1 Gloucestershire Regiment the 1st after its first use. I realise that for many young people today spelling and grammar is something usually beyond you. Brian has excellent use of english and grammar as I would expect in older clients.
    • 'Coz', are you being really serious? he lives in today’s society, where abbreviated language is something we all have grown up with. Please answer this what’s 'a catcher'? it was always used back in the 1940's and 50's. Can I say that if this is your evidence, please don't apply to become barristers will you
    • With regard to IP's I note that a Mod has said not, well he's leading you astray. If Robme is banned (rather than suspended) then the way to stop him/her would be to block the IP address? That would stop him making up a new email address or log in-name? Somebody suggested that taking a new name and email address would work, not really as the Web-site owner has access to IP addresses and can block that anyway at anytime? It’s something an IT professional could do in his sleep.
    • And what terrible advice would that be then? When we looked at robme's posts we could find nothing that he posted that was 'bad advice', just his account of his army service. We assumed he had transgressed some other hidden rule and that formed the bases of the advice about being banned.
    • When he gave a brief account of the transformation of the regiment into its eventual outcome today The Rifles. He also stated that if anybody had a question all they had to do was ask him, He received no questions about the formation of the Duke of Edinburgh's Royal Regiment, which was formed by the initial amalgamation of the Berkshire and the Wilshire Regiment. In 1991 the DERR amalgamated with the Glosters Regiment. Brian was well out of the Army by then and did not receive an invite to the 'Party'. Under Future Army Structure, in 2003, they were all rolled into The Rifles, which is what they are today. If you check (assuming any of you can read words of more than one syllable) you will find the current battalions of the Rifles are made up of many different county regiments.
  • Frankly I am ashamed that a band of ex-soldiers would turn on one of their own, on the word of somebody who possesses ‘Spidey Senses’. If this was the case, he would be the only arachnid who is able to use a keyboard? Spiderman is not real he is a cartoon character, as I suspect are those who tuned on him in the way you all did.
    The only notable exception being somebody called Polyester (what weird names you use), who did at least give him a chance at least to answer any questions. Shame on all of you. Clearly you don't bother with Poppies on Remembrance Sunday You dont have to worry about Brian returning, he will stick with the Breakfast Club, who as far as i'm aware don't do cartoonists. And i too will not be recommending anybody to take a dip into this disgusting mess of a web site. I am not sure what rules govern the use of web forums on the internet, but somebody needs to investigate this shower, that's for certain.

Polyester

Old-Salt
Whereabouts do you work Bill? I’m going to hazard a guess that you’ll say Herts university.

edited to add: I’ve just emailed “Dr Worthington“ and screen shot the page just to confirm he knows all about this.

Excellent. A new one indeed.
Instead of a new User popping up to defend the tragic loser, the loser posts with a letter/email/note explaining the complete and utter bollocks posted before.

I'm quoting this post for posterity before it goes, along with our new SF hero user.

Edited to add - robme, you need to seek some serious mental health help. You're really Craaaaazy man!
I'm sure someone elses IT tutor has come on here before explaining things.
It all feels a bit familiar?

Aquavite

Clanker
Hi
Shhhhh, you brain-damaged waffling tit. Don't let the door hit your arse.

D

Deleted 164106

If he was referring to the regiment for a single time, as in proper English and the use of, we would have added the SAS abbreviation, however after referring to them for the first time any subsequent need is superfluous. Thus 21 SAS then 21 Sqn,
No that is incorrect. It's not a Squadron. If he had served in it, he/you would know that.
[*]I realise that for many young people today spelling and grammar is something usually beyond you. Brian has excellent use of english and grammar as I would expect in older clients.
Nice sly dig - not what I'd expect of a tutor (or university Professor). However, his spelling / grammar is not 'excellent'.
With regard to IP's I note that a Mod has said not, well he's leading you astray. If Robme is banned (rather than suspended) then the way to stop him/her would be to block the IP address? That would stop him making up a new email address or log in-name? Somebody suggested that taking a new name and email address would work, not really as the Web-site owner has access to IP addresses and can block that anyway at anytime? It’s something an IT professional could do in his sleep.
Super.
And what terrible advice would that be then? When we looked at robme's posts we could find nothing that he posted that was 'bad advice', just his account of his army service. We assumed he had transgressed some other hidden rule and that formed the bases of the advice about being banned.
As mentioned, it has been removed and is now only visible to moderators. It was regarding fitness for a new recruit. Strangely, in that thread Robme also referred to 21 SAS as 21 Sqn - something that no-one else seems to have done, at least not recently.
Brian was well out of the Army by then and did not receive an invite to the 'Party'. Under Future Army Structure, in 2003, they were all rolled into The Rifles, which is what they are today. If you check (assuming any of you can read words of more than one syllable) you will find the current battalions of the Rifles are made up of many different county regiments.
Another nice sly dig, there. You, as a non-military tutor seem to know plenty about the Army's structure.
Shame on all of you. Clearly you don't bother with Poppies on Remembrance Sunday You dont have to worry about Brian returning, he will stick with the Breakfast Club, who as far as i'm aware don't do cartoonists.
Would you like a mop or a towel for those tears?

Hi
Hey ‘Bill’...nice try.

It’s still never 21 Sqn, ever.

I didn’t query the formation of the DERR as I already knew it. I questioned that a Gloster wouldn’t know that it was they who merged with the Glosters, not the Worcestershire Regt as he/you claimed.

Never mind.

Edit. Oh, and it was 1994 that the Gloucestershire Regiment merged with the DERR to form the RGBW Regt, not 1991 as you/he says.

Alamo

LE
As i said to somebody else in a PM(?) i am here because this is an army site? Shame about the Blue Jobs, (ask them where they were at Dunkirk?),
Probably the same place you were when they were over Berlin, or Aachen, or Cologne, or the Moehne Dame, or sinking the Tirpitz, or .....

I find it very unlikely that an ‘IT’ tutor would do anything like post this shïte.

The conversation would probably go more like:

“I’ve just joined a forum and people don’t believe me”

“Well, don’t post there then”

You dont have to worry about Brian returning, he will stick with the Breakfast Club, who as far as i'm aware don't do cartoonists. And i too will not be recommending anybody to take a dip into this disgusting mess of a web site. I am not sure what rules govern the use of web forums on the internet, but somebody needs to investigate this shower, that's for certain.
Mumsnet always welcomes new posters apparently. I am sure he will be welcome there. The ladies will be more likely to be impressed by his tales of Special Forces derring do. And being more guilable than us cynical old gits here, probably believe him. He might even pull!

In reflection, i feel the behaviour of a pack of animals is something more suitable to be brought to the attention of the rest of the members. So that they too can reflect on there erst-while colleagues and make a rational decision about the reality of being associated with this site.
This post was sent by PM to a number of idiots, who behaviour would be usually found at one of Africa's national Parks. It was also sent to the Co's as a matter of record.

Morning Simpletons

Brian is a close friend of mine and as such I feel it necessary to record for 'prosperity' the ramblings of a class of primary school children.

When I replied to your bad manners yesterday, I had hoped that the explanation given, would cause some or a few of you to consider the 'facts' that you posted. But no just as a pack of animals would do, you continue to cover up your incompetence seeking to make sure that you are not the last man standing. None of the points made in my last, were mentioned in any of your replies save one. Instead you all chose to ignore what was written and continue with your delusional dreams and errors.

One of the things that Brian did say was that his memory wasn't that good, so if errors occurred, he apologised in advance. So, if a Regiment became a Squadron, then it probably was an error. He is 84. Also, if somebody was serving in a particular outfit, would they when referring to themselves, use the abbreviation of their own unit? Do the Coldstream Guards refer to themselves at the 1st battalion of the Coldstream Guards (when there were more than the 1)? I think not, and it’s just another example of why let things like facts getting in the way of behaving like a Hyena

As for my Military History, well as I have been involved in remedial education of those young people who seek to become soldiers, and judging by the standard of posts I have read on here then it would seem my grasp of Military history far exceeds your command of the English Language. Also, I can read, so if the amalgamation date is wrong, then you had better blame the information on the internet for that.

On examining Robme's posts, (which by the way having had another member of our IT department look over, he hasn't been banned he's been suspended until late June), it would seem he was fond of another phrase to sum up those who have posted the way they have, LMFers! Bluffers who never served, who were booted out after 2 mins and those who didn't have the guts to cross the entrance to the recruiting office? Sort of sums up all of you to the point. There’s another word I quite like Walts.

I have seen and read Brian’s Red Book, looked at his many military awards (particularly for shooting), his commendations for his youth work, his references from not only his commanding officer, but from Brigade and Divisional level senior officers. He also has one from the Duke of Gloster, his regimental Colonel. His certificate for being awarded his WO1, and numerous other indicators that he not only served but served with distinction. It was noticeable that when he asked various posters which regiment, they served with, the answer there was none. Says everything really, you can't have any pride nor memories in an illusion.

As I said yesterday, your treatment of an Old Soldier is an absolute disgrace, and one if you did serve brings nothing but shame on you and your Regiment. Moreover, if this is the standard that Arrse seeks to hide behind, then there must be serious doubt on the military integrity of those who founded the site. Who clearly have no control over the likelihood of any military service assumed or in reality simply fantasy of those who seek to join, Brian is clearly exempted from that designation?

As has been noted Brian will seek another avenue for his burgeoning internet skills, one where personal abuse based on a Spider’s senses do not form part of the entry requirements. I just have to end on that, are you being serious 'Sider Senses' really? So if the site were attacked you would call on the Justice league of America to come to your aid? Or presumably you'd call on that other big bluffer Mr. Trump for back up? Just asking like.

Latest Threads