RLC to para Reg

What’s the process of a RLC lance jack transferring to para Reg, would you have to start at week one, or could you possibility be fast tracked?

UKTAP

LE
Depends on two things:

1. If you Para trained.
2. How many erect penises you fit in your anus.

If the answer is yes and 3, then you are good to go.

What’s the process of a RLC lance jack transferring to para Reg, would you have to start at week one, or could you possibility be fast tracked?
Why not speak to RHQ Para Regt, or Para Company at Catterick. I am sure they would tell you.

Last edited:
They don't like hats transferring in from other regiments, even if you pass the depot and P Coy you will be lucky if they accept you. The saying is / was " once a hat always a hat ".

The visitors book in the cookhouse use to have sign in's from the SAS and next to it was scribbled in " hat ".

If I recall correctly from my day, one could transfer up but never down (from a trade perspective, before any off the airborne brotherhood get there grollies twisted).

They don't like hats transferring in from other regiments, even if you pass the depot and P Coy you will be lucky if they accept you. The saying is / was " once a hat always a hat ".

The visitors book in the cookhouse use to have sign in's from the SAS and next to it was scribbled in " hat ".
Is that why they have had a Guards Platoon in 3 Para for a number of years. Major Keeble the 2/ic of 2 Para at Goose Green who took over as CO was from the Royal Anglians. If that is the defination, all the soldiers on the bridge at Arnhem including John Frost were hats.

Last edited:
Is that why they have had a Guards Platoon in 3 Para for a number of years. Major Kemble Chris Keeble, the 2/ic of 2 Para at Goose Green who took over as CO was from the Royal Anglians. If that is the defination, all the soldiers on the bridge at Arnhem including John Frost were hats.
FOC.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
Why are questions regard a Transfer from RLC to Para, in the 'Intelligence Cell'

Just saying

Oyibo

LE
Is that why they have had a Guards Platoon in 3 Para for a number of years. Major Kemble the 2/ic of 2 Para at Goose Green who took over as CO was from the Royal Anglians. If that is the defination, all the soldiers on the bridge at Arnhem including John Frost were hats.
Kemble is a small railway station in Goucestershire. Major Keeble was an officer in the Parachute Regiment

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'll be honest. If you think the best place to ask that question is on ArRSe, then you're probably not what they are after, although I'll caveat my response with I know almost nothing about PARA recruitment.

Well, we've managed to get in ****, hats, a smattering of other regiments, including Them and RAF Regt.

We have had corrections of name and forum, and even slipped in an obscure railway station!

It's Friday, and all is normal on Arrse, I'm back off to bed!

Is that why they have had a Guards Platoon in 3 Para for a number of years. Major Keeble the 2/ic of 2 Para at Goose Green who took over as CO was from the Royal Anglians. If that is the defination, all the soldiers on the bridge at Arnhem including John Frost were hats.
And H Jones was a D&D Officer originally.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
If I recall correctly from my day, one could transfer up but never down (from a trade perspective, before any off the airborne brotherhood get there grollies twisted).
I wanted to command a tank. They told me I was overqualified and ended up RMP. Quickly decided I was right, they were wrong. Absolutely refused to let me transfer, so after 88 days I claimed Discharge as a Statutory Right, told them where they could stick their truncheons and the sun didn't shine, and flounced.

Walked straight into the ACIO (after a couple of months chilling), told them I wanted to be a tank commander and don't mess me about this time. Met the legend Paddy Fox RIP (I'd have given you his obituary from the Torygraph which better describes the legend but it's behind a paywall).

Jobbed.

needlewaver

War Hero
And H Jones was a D&D Officer originally.
I seem to recall that until the sixties(?), the Parachute Regiment didn't accept officers directly. All DE officers had to transfer in from other regiments, or in Phil Neame's case, another service.

Edit. H Jones' biography by John Wilsey gives the idea that all subalterns of a given era were encouraged if not expected to have an attachment elsewhere, be it Parachute Regiment, SAS or AAC. H chose the Paras whilst a contemporary of his, Paddy King-Fretts passed SAS selection, both going on to command units in their chosen worlds. It seems YOs of the fifties and sixties were afforded vastly more latitude in their early career. Notwithstanding the the fact that the army was about four times the size it is now.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
Kemble is a small railway station in Goucestershire. Major Keeble was an officer in the Parachute Regiment
That’s all rather worrying.............

I’ve watched quite a few jet aircraft take off or land at Kemble, It’s lucky they never hit a train ;)

Well at least someone could read. Was 'hat' spelled correctly?

Good job they never found out about that else they'd have to fill everybody in.

Or they'd be devastated at the lack of respect.

Latest Threads