RLC Regimental Colours

#1
After not being able to get an answer from a lot of people in my Regt, I have tried searching on ARRSE for an answer - but to no avail!

Can anybody shed some light on our 'corps colours' (ie. red, blue, gold/yellow). Why they're the size they are, and any historical references?

Thanks in advance.
 
#3
Try RLC Regt HQ at deepcut, they won't bully you and may give you the real answer. it is related to the forming corps and traced back to RASC etc. Col Mike Lake was the guy who pulled it all tegoertther including the quite horrendouis Mess kit which is the shame of the Corps.
 
#4
Couldn’t disagree more, I like the mess kit, one of my mates only joined for the mess kit!

I remember the last DRLC talking about the formation of the Corps saying how all the heads of shed had neglected the important issues of the day, whilst they squabbled over the width of the red trouser stripe, leaving younger, better men to sort it all out. Without any hint of irony he then made his apologies to leave the HQ bar to attend the dress committee - agonising over the renovation of female mess dress.
:D
 
#5
I know one thing:

The streak of yellow never came from the RAOC.
 
#7
dingerr said:
I know one thing:

The streak of yellow never came from the RAOC.
Classic!!
 
#8
The "streak of yellow" came from the Aldershot Concrete Company - better known as 'bunting yellow'.
 
#9
No-one has mentioned the Officers' Club Tie yet.

And as for the matching blazer. Has anyone told RR it was only ever meant as a joke!
 
#10
Ford_Prefect said:
Couldn’t disagree more, I like the mess kit, one of my mates only joined for the mess kit! :D
Given that we could have chosen any form - I do not understand why we ended up looking like a bunch of mourning cavalry geeks. The collars are uncomfortable and riduculously hot, very few people wear it properly with a collarless duoble cuffed shirt underneath the who ensemble, and know one cares! What 's the point!!
 
#11
Herrumph said:
No-one has mentioned the Officers' Club Tie yet.

And as for the matching blazer. Has anyone told RR it was only ever meant as a joke!

Never, ever, ever mention that again. There are just some things that are not to be spoken of and the Jackson-Pollock that is the Tie and Blazer is one of them. Hang your head in shame.
 
#13
dingerr said:
Herrumph said:
No-one has mentioned the Officers' Club Tie yet.

And as for the matching blazer. Has anyone told RR it was only ever meant as a joke!

Never, ever, ever mention that again. There are just some things that are not to be spoken of and the Jackson-Pollock that is the Tie and Blazer is one of them. Hang your head in shame.
The tie's not that bad, though I wouldn't go so far as a blazer. The fact he used to wear it to the Army Navy rugby of all places. I means, come on, that's next to being seen in public...
 
#14
Ford_Prefect said:
Couldn’t disagree more, I like the mess kit, one of my mates only joined for the mess kit!

I remember the last DRLC talking about the formation of the Corps saying how all the heads of shed had neglected the important issues of the day, whilst they squabbled over the width of the red trouser stripe, leaving younger, better men to sort it all out. Without any hint of irony he then made his apologies to leave the HQ bar to attend the dress committee - agonising over the renovation of female mess dress.
:D
Not that you need to wear it now eh civvy...

The traditional abuse out of the way; I can now AGREE with Ford (this is a first) and state that yes (Darth Vader strangling from the collar aside) I also like our Mess kit .

As for the previous DRLC :roll:
 
#17
OK, let me have a go....

As I recall:

RE - Blue and Red
RAOC - Blue and Red
RCT - Blue and White
ACC Blue and Yellow

Does this help...?
 
#18
Ford - I think it was Hampton Heath you were looking for
 
#19
Jockster915 said:
Blue was from the RCT and others I believe i.e. ACC.

Try here:

http://www.army.mod.uk/rlc/a_proud_tradition/index.htm

Jockster
From that same page:

The RE continue to function as a major part of the British Army whilst the RCT, RAOC, RFC and ACC have passed into the pages of military history.

Who the fock are the RFC, does the MOD mean RPC? My goodness, even they cant get it right...


Sua tela tonanti and ex MTI
 
#20
emptyeye said:
Jockster915 said:
Blue was from the RCT and others I believe i.e. ACC.

Try here:

http://www.army.mod.uk/rlc/a_proud_tradition/index.htm

Jockster
From that same page:

The RE continue to function as a major part of the British Army whilst the RCT, RAOC, RFC and ACC have passed into the pages of military history.

Who the fock are the RFC, does the MOD mean RPC? My goodness, even they cant get it right...


Sua tela tonanti and ex MTI
EE RFC does indeed exist and they play at Ibrox. :wink:

Either that or they do indeed mean the RPC.

Jockster
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
john_k RLC 4
Jip Travolta RLC 16
E RLC 63

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top