RLC Regi Number

Monday Count bullets
Tuesday Count Bullets
Wednesday Count Bullets
Thursday Day off
Friday Count bullets
Saturday Whinge about not being paid more than anyone else
Sunday Count Bullets

Cant really see this selling many copies!!!

MSI64 said:
Monday Count bullets
Tuesday Count Bullets
Wednesday Count Bullets
Thursday Day off
Friday Count bullets
Saturday Whinge about not being paid more than anyone else
Sunday Count Bullets

Cant really see this selling many copies!!!
Thats basically the jist of things!

It's just a history project, write a diary from the perspective of a soldier from 1945. I chose Desert Storm, we did WW1 diaries earlier in the year too...

I didn't realise you were at school. All army numbers at the time were 8 digits long and started with 2. Though I hardly think your teacher is going to dock you marks for getting that wrong.

fatsplasher said:
What worries me is who is counting the bullets on thursdays????
Locally Employed Civilians of course :twisted:

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Fcuk me, I remember having to do sh1t like this at school. I paraphrased large sections of Charlie Sheens dialogue from Platoon and applied it to a 1914-1918 context, and the Teacher liked it. Creative writing served me better in that case than historical accuracy.

wedge35 said:
I didn't realise you were at school. All army numbers at the time were 8 digits long and started with 2. Though I hardly think your teacher is going to dock you marks for getting that wrong.
Say, if I was to write a story of said Soldier on TELIC/HERRICK, would they have had there number changed?

Hint - it was the Americans who called it desert storm, not the UK. Operation Granby is the name.

BevisRory said:
wedge35 said:
Say, if I was to write a story of said Soldier on TELIC/HERRICK, would they have had there number changed?

No, your regi number is yours for life.

8 numbers starting with a 2. That is all you need.

How about 29999999?

chocolate_frog said:
BevisRory said:
wedge35 said:

No, your regi number is yours for life.

8 numbers starting with a 2. That is all you need.

How about 29999999?
Cheers :)

Another question, if, say the AT was... 2465-8540, would say, a Clerk be, 2465-8541?

BevisRory said:
Another question, if, say the AT was... 2465-8540, would say, a Clerk be, 2465-8541?
Anyone could be the next number either side of you. I think they're just given out in batches to each region so the next number after yours will just be given to the next person in that region who joins (the number 'next to' mine went to a lad who joined up on the same day as me at the same recruitment office. I'm Signals, he went to Royal Tank Regt, I think).

By the by, there's no dash in the middle of the numbers. They're just 2508**** (or whatever).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W RLC 12
S RLC 13
D RLC 8