RLC Regi Number

Discussion in 'RLC' started by BevisRory, Apr 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm doing a diary of an RLC AT in Desert Storm, It's mostly made up, but what is the format it goes in? Or just examples...
  2. Monday Count bullets
    Tuesday Count Bullets
    Wednesday Count Bullets
    Thursday Day off
    Friday Count bullets
    Saturday Whinge about not being paid more than anyone else
    Sunday Count Bullets

Cant really see this selling many copies!!!
  3. You know Rory, you really do start some strange threads...
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

What a boring subject to write about. Still, it could be 'a day in the life of a chunky', or 'the excitement of being a Pet Op'.

RLC all the way.... 8O
  5. Thats basically the jist of things!

It's just a history project, write a diary from the perspective of a soldier from 1945. I chose Desert Storm, we did WW1 diaries earlier in the year too...
  6. What worries me is who is counting the bullets on thursdays????
  7. I didn't realise you were at school. All army numbers at the time were 8 digits long and started with 2. Though I hardly think your teacher is going to dock you marks for getting that wrong.
  8. Locally Employed Civilians of course :twisted:
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Fcuk me, I remember having to do sh1t like this at school. I paraphrased large sections of Charlie Sheens dialogue from Platoon and applied it to a 1914-1918 context, and the Teacher liked it. Creative writing served me better in that case than historical accuracy.
  10. Say, if I was to write a story of said Soldier on TELIC/HERRICK, would they have had there number changed?

11. Not necessarily. Seriously mate, who at your school is even going to know (or care)?
  12. I guess you could kinda say I'm a perfectionist, I want it all to be right - even though the story isn't.
  13. Would you say that you are a lonely boy?
  14. Hint - it was the Americans who called it desert storm, not the UK. Operation Granby is the name.
  15. Lonely Child, Yes...

@adouglasmhor - Thanks for reminding me, fortunately, It's just a draft atm.