RLC Officers

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Meigo, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All

I was initially interested in the intelligence corp, but am looking more towards Logistics at the moment.

But aside from all the glossy recruitment magazines, it would be really great to get an idea of what life in the corp really involves from day to day.

Anyone from RLC happy to supply a few insights?

Thanks
    Meigo

2. What's the matter, the Int Corps not interested in you?

3. I haven't asked them yet - I haven't decided where I want to be and just wanted to find out a little more

4. Meigo,

I can, alas, only advise you on the merits of the RAOC. You may be better advised posting this thread in the RLC Forum - you'll get an infinitely more intelligent response.

PAW

5. I'll go check it out - thanks alot

6. I told my sponsor i was interested in the intelligence corp or a combat arm. She then very bluntly told me " The intelligent corps gets the cream of the crop, even with a 1st class masters in Philosophy Politics Economics from Cambridge you'd still be in for an uphill struggle." Seeing as how i never went to uni and i'm currently an electrician i don't think i'll be getting in, although i don't see how that makes me anymore suitable for the Infantry :lol: ? Have you had an interview yet? Your local careers officer will be able to enlighten you more.

7. I see what you did there........................ :D

8. i try my hardest ... :wink:

9. my bold.

Never laughed so much in my life! :roll: Going to go and have a lay down.

10. Get yourself on some FAM visits, you will meet YO's there.

11. Int Corps cream of the crop? Academics wise, maybe. Soldiering wise. Er no. Alas, there's a bit more to being an Army Officer than being clever. (But it helps)

12. Thank goodness for that!

13. You can't do PPE at Cambridge. And as Oxford degrees go, it's a bit of a joke subject. Check out how many front-bench Blairites studied it.

14. I guess I'm screwed then with my BA in Culture & Media? (Don't ask! - I did a module on Homer Simpson and an exam on Wife Swap).

15. You can't do PPE at Cambridge. And as Oxford degrees go, it's a bit of a joke subject. Check out how many front-bench Blairites studied it.[/quote]

I think you'll find the megalomania of some of those who study it is entirely independent of PPE's academic rigour.