RLC No1 dress regs for wedding

Kaytemonn

Clanker
Hi all,

I'm due to get married and wishing to wear no1 dress (female). Just hoping someone can help me with basically what I'll wear as a Private..gloves, belt etc? On Google images everyone is dressed different.
I've read other threads but they're either quite old or not much info relevant to what I'm after.
Also is wearing a rank up on your wedding actually a thing? Do you have to?

Any help will be appreciated, please be actually helpful..

Ye of little faith.... No idea.

Congrats and hope the wedding goes well.

No, it's a pseudo 'tradition' invented in more recent years by those less self-assured than they should be.
Be proud of who you are, I sure you have good reason to be, and that 'your day' will be a special one
Best wishes.

Hi all,

I'm due to get married and wishing to wear no1 dress (female). Just hoping someone can help me with basically what I'll wear as a Private..gloves, belt etc? On Google images everyone is dressed different.
I've read other threads but they're either quite old or not much info relevant to what I'm after.

Any help will be appreciated, please be actually helpful..

Have you requested a set of No1s yet?

Forget the shame of being RLC for just one day and wear civvies.

Wearing work clothes for your big day will only add to the list of regrets when you look back after the divorce.

Bonne chance.

Wear what you want if you're not getting married in a military church. Personally I'd add a stripe for the sake of it, but no medals unless you've been awarded them. You will have dress regs available on MODNET, probably located on your Corps Sharepoint site, shouldn't be difficult to find.

Army mama

On ROPS
On ROPs
My brother in law got married in his uniform. As a male he had to remove his headdress when entering the church. Not sure the rules for females.
Long and short of it seems to be you may be married in No1 Dress at the discretion of your Commanding Officer. But even if you are gay and don’t wish to get married in a wedding dress please think about it. This is, hopefully, only something you are going to do once. Do you really want to look back and look at photographs of you in uniform? When everyone envision a marriage, it’s the dress that often stands out and takes centre stage in the unity of two individuals. It is the dress that captures your beauty as a bride for all guests to see as you walk down the aisle.Gay or not. Consider keeping it traditional and wearing a dress. Uniform on a bride isn’t a good look.

QRK2

LE
My brother in law got married in his uniform. As a male he had to remove his headdress when entering the church. Not sure the rules for females.
Long and short of it seems to be you may be married in No1 Dress at the discretion of your Commanding Officer. But even if you are gay and don’t wish to get married in a wedding dress please think about it. This is, hopefully, only something you are going to do once. Do you really want to look back and look at photographs of you in uniform? When everyone envision a marriage, it’s the dress that often stands out and takes centre stage in the unity of two individuals. It is the dress that captures your beauty as a bride for all guests to see as you walk down the aisle.Gay or not. Consider keeping it traditional and wearing a dress. Uniform on a bride isn’t a good look.

Church Parades and Services. Male personnel attending a church service are to remove headdress on entering the church. Female personnel may remove their headdress if they so wish

You don't need to get the uniform via Service means. This means that forgoing COs permission is a possibility if you don't want them involved.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't get married in uniform in the ROI. You can ask @Stonker what happens when you do that.

Hi all,

On Google images everyone is dressed different.
I've heard it said that if you see 3 army officers dressed identically, one is a spy...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It could be that her partner is the one wearing the wedding dress on the day.

D

Deleted 15653

To the OP, no you don't have to wear a rank up - you have your rank, one that everyone has held (some of us more than once but that's another story) be proud of it. As for gloves, belt etc. a pair of white gloves looks good, remove as you go into church (if stores don't have them then a good gents outfitters will have them for about ten quid). Belt? If you can find a white belt then go with that with either brass buckles or a stable belt buckle if your regiment has such a thing.

There is no hard and fast rule - no one will be looking at you much any way. Just don't get too p1ssed at th reception and have a great day.

I got married in No1's - I had a set made up by a tailor. Expensive and only ever worn once - just like Mrs D's wedding dress. I still have it on a hanger next to my Service Dress and Officer's Mess Kit. I must have made an impression as I've been married 28 years and the new extension base has just been completed on the site of the old patio so I'm not going under it just yet!

Latest Threads