RLC Movers are great are they not?

ViciousCircle said:
Top Quality blokes get comp cases there quicker than the rest with little or no fuss. Big round of applause to the movers
How much did Smooth_Mover pay you for that one?

When I had to get an individual home the Movers said there was no space for 2 weeks. So I bypassed them and got him on a flight 2 days later via the RAF.

GasmaskWilf Wrote:

When I had to get an individual home the Movers said there was no space for 2 weeks. So I bypassed them and got him on a flight 2 days later via the RAF.
Please blow your own trumpet a while why dont you ?

I have had to get half a dozen blokes home in my time and all have been very successful so I can only speek from experience.

8)

We are the greatest though, especially us at quatre étoiles.....

you call - we (arrange) haul (age)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:D

wow loads of Mov-con registered here it would appear! Plus a few fans, I will try to reduce the amount of deodorant etc I confiscate to further build up our fan base. On second thoughts, it is flammable my friend, you will need to send it by sea...

Assuming that you are the guys (in association with those girly clerks) that book people onto flights. Why then does the Army not follow the relevant JSP when it comes to booking people on to long haul civillian flights? By that I mean booking individuals into First or Buisness class and of course not forgeting those families travelling with ankle biters aswell.

Anyone due to travel long distance on a civvy air ticket have a browse through the JSPs else you'll get fobbed off with the Army Manual.

8) Wilf, it appears that you have the ability to read, although not necessarily the ability to understand...

The JSP does state that flight in excess of 2.5 hours or for VIPs may be booked as business class, it does not say this MUST happen; in fact it gives the budget manager the final say...

I am also pretty sure that this relates to duty travel only. The fact that you mention children suggests leave travel? If you refer to posting, this is duty, but there are few theatres that would require business class in reality.

The whole process is being looked at anyway I believe, commercial air travel is a complex beast, the rules are a little out of date.

Plus we dont get any benefit in fobbing you off for something, if there is an entitlement and it is budget realistic, we will make sure you get what you are entitled to. Often we go out on a limb to help you!

hellfyyr said:
8) Wilf, it appears that you have the ability to read, although not necessarily the ability to understand...
No I think I do understand.

Having served on a RAF Station and benefitted from the way that they look after their, and attached, personnel is truly an eye opener.

The same thing goes for claims, they always made sure you got all your entitlements. If you forgot to claim for something they would add it anyway.

I don't think we should perhaps go totally down the RAF route on all matters but we do need to look after people better.

If there is an entitlement ("may"s included) then it should not be up to a budget manager as to whether or not the individual receives what is available.

If you are trying to suggest I would ever do "favours" for someone relating to entitlement, you are having a laugh; it is called fraud...

No, the system is clear on what you are entitled to, I point rightly to budget managers who have the final assent. Perhaps on your RAF Fantasy Island they had particularly friendly budget staff!

I agree the RAF do treat their personnel slightly better, although often at the expense of discipline and due to the nature of their working environment. If you do not receive a satisfactory service from your own unit; complain!

I suggest the complaint should be realistic and related to your unfair handling or a particularly shoddy service *; digging your heels in because you are not flying with Virgin Atlantic Upper Class is a little bit pathetic unless you truly have a case. By a case I suggest that the flight duration is particularly long and you are flying on important military business, for which you must be fresh on your arrival. I do not include adventure training, military training or travel on posting in this category; these often allow recovery time or are to your benefit!

As for the comment that budget managers should not have assent, you need to grow up a little and realise that everything we do is budget driven. While we are having to fight to be able to purchase spares, to decide whether we can afford all the training we had planned and are trying to reduce travel and subsistence costs in order to be able to operate effectively; you may find that you do not get "luxury" entitlements, to which you believe you have absolute right!

When you fly 2.5 hours or more, do you pay for business class travel? I very much doubt it; now sit down in your perfectly good seat and have a safe flight!

* for complaints to be fair, I sugggest you might want to check if you bid for the service in time and correctly. I adhere to your rules when I have to, you need to adhere to mine (like I do). I will help you where I can, but if you start being pathetic; where is my inclination to assist?

Not sure whether to get the Mess Webley out and do the honourable thing....free the masses from the tyranical Movers! :twisted:

Lets face it RLC Movers are great albeit I may be slightly biased. Like all things in this mans army they are slowly being strangled by the bean counters and "Best Value for Money." Unfortunately when I book my car I get what's there not the stretch Limo I was looking for and strangely enough when I pop down the armoury all the laser pistols are already signed out and only the cheapest contract shooters are left.

Contrary to popular belief I do not fly the plane thats late for your RnR jsut try to tell you when it is. I will get you the best deal I can but if your unit says cheapest option do not expect to be reclining in the Business lounge. Neither do I take your Dangerous goods off you because I don't want you brewing up on exercise but rather to stop you blowing up en route. If you want help, ask, its what we do, yet to see the movers office that has restrictive opening hours so please don't confuse us with the "its our money you cannot have it brigade."

Glad to see the RAF get so much respect from their "talking freight," remember that next time the crew dissapear off to their 5* hotel leaving the ATLO to sort out the bods left behind.

Unfortunately their is a queue for the mess Webley and they only issue one bullet at a time, assess the problem and use yours wisely..........................

Serious question for all you movers: Why did you choose this trade, when you joined the Army?

When I went through Junior Leaders, we were streamed into certain trades based on our performance - the best went into Movements .................... (it was called Traffic Operator then though) :wink:

Seriously - for me, it offered the best chance of serving with all the different parts of the Military - there were Movers serving with most formations across the world, some on exchange with foreign forces. We worked with the RAF, the RN and the RFA and with many civilian organisations like HM Customs, The Immigration Service. Some of us went on to work with some very interesting people and it was pretty much away from the mundane part of Garrison life. Outside of the UK, I worked in France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Portugal, Italy, Canada, USA and Australia. It was one of the jobs in the Army that you got to do your trade all of the time, in camp or on exercise/operations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C RLC 37
ILES Reports & Promotion 15
gericom368 The NAAFI Bar 57