RLC Mess Dress with lots of badges goes in the bin

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Feasted, Sep 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I for one was proud as punch when I got promoted and was able to go into the Mess, I brought a new mess kit which cost me a lot of money(before the grant) and I even got George boots (2nd hand admittedly) which required effort to shine rather than cheating and getting patent leather boots. Thing is, I have now come to the conclusion that although I retain some sentamental urge to hold onto my kit since leaving 2 years ago, it's worthless now and unlikely to sell as I'd imagine the markets are flooded with the stuff or soon will be.
    Anyone else tired of looking for a place to get rid of your mess kit and realised its not only taking up space you can no longer afford, its worth bugger all and might as well go in the bin?

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No!

3. Well, should have seen that coming.

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Every day is a learing day!

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

That should be learning, but what the hell.

6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Have you not thought of Fleabay? Or advertising it in Sustainer?

7. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

if you advertise it as Rare SAS it will soon go on ebay .

8. I flogged mine the other month on Ebay. I got the same price that I paid for it 14 years ago. Bonus.

9. It certainly is!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Only of you're an alcoholic with a broken bum.

11. Mine is still immaculate, yet no interest on eBay or sustainer. Seems the UK is soon to be full of used RLC mess dress "For Sale", pity as the gold braided stuff is real pretty.

12. Donate it to a clothing charity and smile as you think of some 3rd world bod who's poorer than a church mouse glugging his moonshine while impressively dressed in an RLC Mess Kit!

13. 2 yrs a bit too late, depending on where you live in relation to your last Mess, but I've seen a few blokes box and frame their Jkts (especially if nicely badged + Miniatures) and present to the Mess on retirement (Well, proper RAOC Jkts, not this RLC cack).

14. The RQMS Store at Deepcut has a store called "The dead Officers Shop". My mess dress was 12 years old and a after being in there for only a few weeks I got £200 for it! If your close to Deepcut it's well worth popping in.

15. Well, I'm glad we can agree on something !! o_O

RCT(V)