Discussion in 'RLC' started by Davie18, Mar 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Allright guys allready posted in the QM Fourm .

Joined the RLC TA 6months ago, need to get a stable belt and 6 TRFs .

Is anybody leaving the corps and willing to sell ? or does any one know where i can buy them cheap ?

Seen some places but not to keen on paying 3/4 quid a TRF .

2. Ask your QMs for TRFs, ours dishes them out free.
  3. Asked a few times got told we have to buy them becuase where not a RLC unit .

4. Eh ? Are you RLC or not ?
  5. Yeah i am RLC Chef , but im not a RLC unit , and the unit i am only have TRFs for thier corps .
  6. Get in touch with 5 TA Trg Regt RLC at Grantham.
  7. Yea, youre not quite clear there saying youre RLC TA then saying youre not in a RLC unit.

whether youre in a RLC unit or not, and are badged as RLC then you should be entitled to TRF's for any shirts and jackets you have, sounds like the storeman is being a bit of a d1ck!
    If i remember correctly they are a requirement and therefore should be issued,
    try cadetdirect.co.uk for a stable belt
  8. Or you could try the RLC shop at http://rlc.pri-shop.net/shop/

They certainly sell stable belts and may also sell TRFs - give them a ring.

Good luck!
  9. Uniform - If they want you to wear them then they should issue them - simples. Ask your CoC to speak to the QMs to order you some. If they don't - then don't wear them.

I know the MoD is hard up up but don't go spending your own cash on things that should be issued.
  10. So no-one in your unit wears stable belts?
  11. I have a couple of spare stable belts but seeing as your TA and a chef I think they will be too small. I suppose you could sew them together.

12. Cheers guys, i am RLC but not attached to a rlc unit .
  13. Loads of people do - I haven't been issued one so I don't wear one.
  14. Yeah most of the guys were them in my unit, they all had to buy thiers , but they got thier trfs for free
  15. I'll have a chat with the clothing store when I finish leave and see what they recommend. (I'll see if they have any spare TRFs for ya.)