RLC in the news again!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ViroBono, Feb 1, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The Sunday Express reports that an RLC officer was arrested by British Transport Police at Reading Station after trying to hail a taxi, in uniform and armed with an SA80 and a pistol.

2. Ho Ho Ho... got a link?

3. Har, har...I know about this one! The divvy was returning from an op tour via crab air and his transport failed to turn up for him at his APOD. Instead of checking his gat into the armoury and collecting it later, he decided to hop on a train fully tooled up...the tool! Another one of our country's finest brains! :lol:

4. Cracking! Don't forget that this was a 'leader of men', which means we're all in the sh1t! 8O

5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Perhaps a (soon to be) ex RLC officer??

6. He was a loggie so will no doubt get promoted.

7. In case you were wondering, this comes from the Iraqi Business Intelligence Report, quote "for companies, trying to enter into or capitalizing on the new market
    opportunities in 'The New Iraq'":

What local or land transportation services are available in Iraq?
    Many taxis are available in Baghdad. Army protocol recommends hailing a taxi that is passing by, not waiting (unless approved by the hotel). Try to retain the same taxi for return travel. Hotels can provide the names and phone numbers of legitimate car and driver services. In northern Iraqi cities, taxis are widely available, reliable and inexpensive. They are available both as curb service and by dispatch. The average fare is $1 per kilometer, with most destinations in town costing no more than $2. Car rentals in northern cities are available on a monthly lease basis. In Kirkuk, daily car rentals are available for $50 per day. Petrol stations in Baghdad have gas, but there can be long lines.

8. Thanks for that Owee - when I read that the RLC Orriface was in Reading - I thought it was Reading Berkshire. Now I realise he was in Reading Near Mosel. Must have just got off a train from Baath.