Rlc eod

Discussion in 'RLC' started by rogerthat72, Jan 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently serving in the infantry and Im looking to do the EOD course. I have just read the DIN and Im eligible to go on the course. Is there anyone that has knowledge of the course and has any information on the aptitude required during the two week selection. Need to know so I got all my facts right before going into the see the " man in the chair " Thanks alot.
  2. You'll go on the course, learn about explosives, then how to dispose of IEDs and conventional munitions, then you'll be tested on explosives and disposing of IEDS and conventional munitions.

You know longer require aptitude, that's why it's open to every **** going.

I hope you're not thinking of going to Afghanistan off the back of it, it's simply not going to happen.
  3. Cheers for the reply. Im just looking to do a more mentally stimulating job. The infantry has been good, but Im getting a bit restless now. Do you have any idea on how many courses are run a year and waiting times etc?
  4. Approximately 4 more this year.

you will get the true facts from SO2 EOD Policy, who's name and number is on the DIN. Do not be afraid to call him, that is what his number is on there for
  5. cheers mate, think I might do that in the morning. Got an OC interview reference it all, so hopefully all goes well. Might be back on here asking for some tips.
  6. Or, if you are a JNCO, do it properly and change trades to AT. That way you will be introduced gradually and probably still improve your promotion prospects.