RLC Drive help

Discussion in 'RLC' started by dean94, Jul 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi my names dean im 16. i recently aplyed for a job in the army,i got told to choose 2 job choices. my first job choice was infantry and second was RLC driver.

i had my interveiw today and i did good exept history on RLC driver.

could anyone give me some basic and simple stuff i can remember. i have next interveiw on 2nd of august. please help me since i cant find much infomation.

2. Hi, My names BPS 666 and I'm old.

Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait on Aug 2nd. Drivers deployed on Op Granby. That's about all.

Job, jobbed! now off you ****!

3. The irony is without the Waggoners, RASC, RCT, RLC or whatever name they will be called in the future the army would be in dire straits. Food, machinery, transport, ammunition, spare-parts ad infinitum are all supplied via the RLC.

4. What ******* irony? Being bummed by the man whose life you saved is ironic. Your statement is just a ******* statement and contains no irony whatsoever.

I suppose it may be construed as ironic that someone who doesn't understand irony is using the word in a sentence that contains no irony. Please have a crack at satire or sarcasm it may well be your forte..............although, I ******* doubt it.

Your dit also needs further explanation. The RCT did Transport and Movement (as far as I recall). They did not do Food, Ammunition, Fuel, Ammo etc. They may have transported it, but that is all they did with it, my little china teapot.

Irony indeed! tisch tisch!

PS Dire Straits stopped recording ******* eons ago and besides, 100,000 squaddies all singing 'tunnel of love' live on stage would be a logistical and musical nightmare.

5. Remember that Drivers call it a trade but everyone else in the Army calls it 'Spec Quals'.

6. The irony is that as well as witless you are illiterate too!

7. Did somebody mention FORTE............

Fighting logistics through
    One Army
    Retention and recruitment
    Take care of my soldiers
    Excellence as standard

I'll get my coat.........

8. Drivers....love em! Annual Driver Competition run at 9 Supply and who won it last year....a ******* Pet Op, get in there!!! haha

9. The irony is without the Waggoners, RASC, RCT, RLC or whatever name they will be called in the future the army would be in dire straits. Food, machinery, transport, ammunition, spare-parts ad infinitum are all supplied via the RLC.

Nope, still no ******* irony in there whatsoever!

The irony is that as well as witless you are illiterate too!

No irony in there either and I'll have you know that my parents were married so I wasn't born out of wedlock.

10. That's only because the VS's moved to sunnier climes...

11. it's my second job choice. pwrr is the place i want to be. and thanks for the infomation ive kept record of it :)