RLC Chef

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Sallyyann96, Aug 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Just wondering where is phase 2 for a logistic support chef? Also how long is it for and what does it consist of?

2. I would post this in recruiting.
  3. Despite the Army Jobs website saying the school's in Surrey;

it would appear that DFSS is now at Worthy Down.

Speaking of error-reporting, does anyone know how to contact the person responsible for updating the site to get it corrected? The contacts page is less than helpful.
  4. Worth a shot, cheers GS.

Tried, submitted, "Error"

Rather a waste of time having a job site that tells porkies.
  5. Rather typical of what is now a completely flawed system.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead
  6. Sadly, I cannot disagree with you.
  7. I don't know what the course consists of, but it's not ******* cooking that's for sure.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Advanced hand slapping with fish slice (6 weeks) and learning the magic phrase regarding the amount of sausages allowed (6 weeks)
  9. Don't ******* do it! Virtually every chef I know is ******* threaders with the job and even more pissed off with the hours they work - Better off at McDonald's!
  10. Don't listen to this lot mate, Chef is an honourable trade with good promotion prospects. Never met a bad one yet. Hey dinger, can't you give a straight answer to ANY question.

Wait for it! Wait for it.................
  11. I'd say Dingerrs point was valid for a question about training, not a question for the RLC forum where most people probably aren't chefs.

The Army has chefs? Who'd have thought it?

Sent via Crayola, using the red crayon
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chefs are a good bunch, however, two (At least) here drink to get through the day, one transferred last year, three want to transfer, two have signed off and that's just from our unit. That's just the privates.
  13. Army Chef's course is THE hardest course in the world, so far NO ONE has passed!
  14. Just join sodexo, you'll end up working under them anyway...