RLC AWOL war dodger loses appeal against sentence

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by skypilotuk, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Announced on the news this evening that the York TA soldier who went AWOL rather than deploy to Stan and who put the Army into disrepute by being the focus lead at the London anti-war rally has had his appeal against sentence thrown out. Demoted and with his sentence at MCTC to be carried out in full perhaps he now can devote his time to reflecting on the service and lives, injuries and deaths of the colleagues whose names he has sullied by his dereliction of duty.
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Do you mean Joe Glenton?
    He wasn't TA he was regular RLC
  3. 2010, it surely can't be battery radio for the week for best room?
  4. My only regret is that he wont be getting shot at dawn!
  5. I suggest that you get yourself a new radio.

AWOL soldier Joe Glenton loses sentence appeal
  6. He looks like that actor ??? cant remeber who though
  7. Can we correct the thread title, then ?
  8. Err Jason Statham.............
  9. I'm sure there are more than enough opportunities for a TA soldier to wriggle out of a tour without going AWOL.

That said, it's beside the point as this cunt wasn't TA.
  10. Here I fixed it for you!!

11. What's the go if you get to MCTC and just refuse to soldier, do they keep adding time on until you do or do they let the lads you're spending quality time with motivate you back into soldiering?
  12. Unfortunately he's off to Leeds Met, where no doubt he'll be met with a bevy of student peacenik beauties all gagging for his cock.
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

14. No idea Joe, I expect there will be someone in here shortly who has tried and failed to do exactly that...
  15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

So 9 months an soldier on? how much longer did he have on his ticket before he buggered off? I hope he signed on for 9 and has at least a few years left to do.