RLC Ammunition Specialist

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by moodymoddy, Jul 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Right a little background on me! I want to be an Ammunition Technician. Simple as. Unfortunately, due to me not cracking on and getting the most from school - I don't have the quals needed. So I decided to apply the Army doing something else I'd like to do - but try and re-trade after Phase 1/CMS(R).

    However, I've been waiting 2 months for my medical forms to go through - and its got me thinking about civvy street, and some opportunities that may be arising in the near future.

    Now I was wondering if anybody had any information on this trade? Obviously I've read the army jobs site


    I've read the ARRSEpedia and gather that it is "531_Ammunition_Technical_Support_Squadron" - but is this a National TA unit? I can't seem to find the location for it..

    I'm based in the South East - with "221 Field Squadron, 101 (City of London) Engineer Regiment (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) (Voluntary)" + C Coy 3PWRR a train ride away, which would also appeal to me. As well as a Signals unit down the road.

    Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with the AS trade, or any of the units listed? If so - would you suggest applying with the current TA cuts etc?
  2. Ammo Techs are part of the National TA RLC at Grantham.
  3. Ah, cheers for that!

    Means applying at the ACIO as I cant pop down to the TAC then?